Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AA unit deployment/redeployment not as intended?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> AA unit deployment/redeployment not as intended? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AA unit deployment/redeployment not as intended? - 6/3/2021 1:28:27 AM   
Villain

Hi Alvaro,
Just wondering if this AA deployment and redeployment is working correctly or has changed and the manual needs an update.

I've the latest manual: v1.00.09
quote:

Page 35
Anti-Air Defense—May be added to any hex. Up to 6 points of anti-air may be added to a hex. Anti-air points defend against any air attack.

After some testing it appears that AA units can only be placed in Ports, Fortifications, both Urban areas, Oil Fields, Synthetic Oil Plants, and Strategic Resource hexes that are controlled and in any form of supply at the start of the turn. Being adjacent to an enemy unit or in ZoC has no bearing on AA placement. In addition I’ve found that AA units cannot be placed in hexes where an Airfield or a Coastal Defense can be placed.
quote:

Page 76
Anti-Air—Anti-air values are a separate factor that fire before any air mission applies its damage. Each anti-air point has a chance to damage an air unit or carrier air factor. Anti-air in a hex adds to the anti-air value of a unit. Hex anti-air may be moved once placed if a land unit occupies the hex. The anti-air is moved to the deployment queue using some rail capacity. Neutral countries may build and place anti-air but not move it.

There appears to be many locations that are AA traps and once placed therein an AA unit cannot be redeployed. Eg. Most of the Siegfried line, the strategic resources at (150,58), (150,75) (175, 28), Lubeck, Kronstadt, The Strait of Bonifacio, The Kerch Straight, and more. Most of these locations are not connected by rail but oddly AA on islands can be moved which are not connected via rail either. Note: Being adjacent to an enemy unit or in a ZoC appears to have no bearing on AA redeployment as long as the hex is in supply via rail, unlike deployment which needs any supply.
Great game!
PS.
Sorry to bring this up and I hope it doesn't delay the next version...
Post #: 1
RE: AA unit deployment/redeployment not as intended? - 6/3/2021 2:40:15 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Never be sorry for addressing conflicting issues. It's important. Writing rules for this complex of a game isn't easy and the help is immensely appreciated.

Thanks for that catch. Originally it was but that proved too powerful. So it was changed to only resource hexes.

Yes some locations, your boned and have to choose wisely.

Already fixed in the manuals for both games.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to Villain)
Post #: 2
RE: AA unit deployment/redeployment not as intended? - 6/3/2021 5:47:56 PM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

Never be sorry for addressing conflicting issues. It's important. Writing rules for this complex of a game isn't easy and the help is immensely appreciated.

Thanks for that catch. Originally it was but that proved too powerful. So it was changed to only resource hexes.

Yes some locations, your boned and have to choose wisely.

Already fixed in the manuals for both games.

Side note, sure would be helpful to redeploy AA units WITHOUT needing a land unit on the original hex to do so .....

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 3
RE: AA unit deployment/redeployment not as intended? - 6/9/2021 8:45:38 PM   
AlvaroSousa

too strong

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> AA unit deployment/redeployment not as intended? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI