Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

fatigue vs CCP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> fatigue vs CCP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
fatigue vs CCP - 6/2/2021 12:50:46 PM   
fulcrum28

I would like to hear some opinions on fatigue vs CCP(command points) which are both new features of WITE2.
My impression is that both features overlap a bit because they tend to increase (fatigue) decrease (CP) with movement and action, so is it not enough to have one of them only?

Not sure if it is called CCP (Command point) or AP (Action point). I refer to the marks displayed as cross swords when you are moving the units.

< Message edited by fulcrum28 -- 6/2/2021 12:51:50 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: fatigue vs CCP - 6/2/2021 3:34:42 PM   
loki100

I presume you mean CPP (Combat Preparation pts)?

They do different things and pick up on different problems.

There is a very close relationship between high CPP and low fatigue (ie if you manage one, you'll prob get the other). There is a very poor relationship between low CPP and high fatigue - they may co-exist, you may well have one or the other.

Have a look at 23.2.1 for how to gain CPP, you'll spot that some of those are chain of command not unit placement related.

Fatigue is mainly triggered by 2 different things. Activity - so move, fight etc with this worsened if you lack supply or in particular weather conditions. Disrupted elements recoved at the end of each combat, but they leave a batch of fatigue that is not cleared (if at all) till the logistics phase.

CPP also help you deal with fatigue.

Morale affects fatigue gain and reduction, it has no impact on CPP gain or usage.

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 2
RE: fatigue vs CCP - 6/3/2021 12:51:06 AM   
Bamilus

I made a thread summarizing fatigue effects.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5000967

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: fatigue vs CCP - 6/3/2021 2:44:27 AM   
GloriousRuse

Fatigue represents tiring out men, wearing down vehicles, and generally having placed men and materiel under the various stressors of combat without time to recover.

CPP represents preparation, organization, and the general efforts of an organization to combat friction, plan, disseminate information, etc.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> fatigue vs CCP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI