Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird Axis AC Rebasing - Axis AC getting moved to SU Airbases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Weird Axis AC Rebasing - Axis AC getting moved to SU Airbases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird Axis AC Rebasing - Axis AC getting moved to SU Ai... - 5/31/2021 6:21:23 AM   
Sauron_II

Axis - Turn 7

Running into cases of Axis Aircraft finding themselves deployed in Soviet Airbases at beginning of turn.

Post #: 1
RE: Weird Axis AC Rebasing - Axis AC getting moved to S... - 5/31/2021 7:06:28 AM   
Kursk1943

Happened before, see post "German fighters land at Soviet airfield" for details in Tech Support.

(in reply to Sauron_II)
Post #: 2
RE: Weird Axis AC Rebasing - Axis AC getting moved to S... - 5/31/2021 2:02:27 PM   
loudscott

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5022443

enjoy

(in reply to Sauron_II)
Post #: 3
RE: Weird Axis AC Rebasing - Axis AC getting moved to S... - 5/31/2021 2:36:03 PM   
Sauron_II

Lovely,

For me, it was RU Recce aircraft from south Romania landed in Novograd, with no orders.

Can't really say I am much of a fan of the new WiTE2 air system. Don't get me started on Air Support elements.

(in reply to loudscott)
Post #: 4
RE: Weird Axis AC Rebasing - Axis AC getting moved to S... - 5/31/2021 2:57:03 PM   
loudscott

I like the air system way better then WitE1. With that said, I think the AI-Assist needs some work. I really want to use it versus the AI just to move things along quickly, BUT it just won't (or I can't seem to get it) make decent Recon AD's. It constantly makes AD's with a staging base such that no aircraft fly???? I then have to go massage each and every AD to the point it is just simpler to make them myself. AND if you use the AI-Assist at the end of your turn to move your air units up the AI will fly very dangerous resupply missions and get your JU-52's all shot to hell. IMHO these two things alone break the AI-Assist.

I do appreciate the overall changes to though, the kabuki dance and other nonsense from WitE1 certainly needed to be addressed.....again IMHO

(in reply to Sauron_II)
Post #: 5
RE: Weird Axis AC Rebasing - Axis AC getting moved to S... - 5/31/2021 4:23:15 PM   
Joel Billings

We had several reports of the problem with the Axis AI assist was sending units to enemy air bases. Gary has just recently put in a fix for this and it should go out to our testers in the next update this week.

As for the AI assist weaknesses, I think Gary is going to have to add new code to be more careful with the the air transport missions as it was only recently that the interception of these air transport missions became an issue. IIRC the interception routines were changed in the past few months that made it more likely that the air transport missions would get intercepted.

As for the recon missions, we have an item on the list for Gary to try to improve the recon missions. It helps to have a few different saves with the situation. If you attach a save in a tech support thread just before the AI assist is creating the bad ADs (so in air planning) and point out which ADs are bad, we can use that when we test any changes.

The same goes for the air transports flying missions that are too aggressive (I don't have any saves for that yet so those would really help).

I'll move this to tech support so you can add it here if you have one. Thanks.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 5/31/2021 4:24:27 PM >

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to loudscott)
Post #: 6
RE: Weird Axis AC Rebasing - Axis AC getting moved to S... - 5/31/2021 7:23:50 PM   
loudscott

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=5017502

I think I already gave you one save Joel. Do you still want another?

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Weird Axis AC Rebasing - Axis AC getting moved to SU Airbases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI