Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Making trenches a terrain feature

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> MODS and Scenarios >> Making trenches a terrain feature Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Making trenches a terrain feature - 5/30/2021 6:05:06 PM   
mdsmall

Hi Bill - I would like to explore in a mod having trenches (and possibly shell craters) treated as a terrain feature that cost +1 AP to enter. One of the interesting visual aspects of the game is that the residue of past trenches and shell craters remain on the map after their defenders have moved on. It makes sense to me that it should cost an extra AP to enter such hexes, even if they are no longer occupied by the enemy or are in enemy ZOCs. Also, I would like to give some kinds units the ability not to pay this extra AP cost.

All this would be feasible if trenches and shell craters appeared on the pull-down menu of terrain features in the Editor. Might it be possible to add this feature in a future update to the game?

Cheers,

Michael
Post #: 1
RE: Making trenches a terrain feature - 5/31/2021 7:31:42 PM   
BillRunacre

I'm really not sure, this might be something better to mod, replacing another terrain type or two.

Though you would have to manually add the Trenches and Shell Craters in the Editor, but there isn't a mechanism that could make them appear during the game.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
RE: Making trenches a terrain feature - 6/2/2021 12:40:14 AM   
mdsmall

Hi Bill - I don't think using a substituting a different terrain feature in the Editor would work for what I am hoping to do - which is that to make it harder for most units to cross a hex side that has had a trench line built across it. Another way of getting the same effect would be to increase the AP cost to attack units that are entrenched. (I am more concerned about active trenches than past ones - but the fact that the map shows where trenches were built is an interesting visual feature). But I realize it may not be possible to make this mod-able, given the coding in the game engine.

Michael

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> MODS and Scenarios >> Making trenches a terrain feature Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI