War in the Pacific 2?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

elxaime

War in the Pacific 2?

Post by elxaime »

TURKEY TROTS TO WATER GG FROM WITP FAN ACTION COM MATRIX GAMES WILL THERE EVER BE A WITP 2? RR THE WORLD WONDERS
JVJ
Sardaukar

RE: War in the Pacific 2?

Post by Sardaukar »

Gary Grigsby himself said that he'll never try this sort of undertaking again...

It'd be massive project and doubt there would be enough people willing to invest to it.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

The idea has been discussed to death in previous threads, the last about a year and a half ago. The conclusion is that the cost of truly updating the game engine, the graphics, the interface and paying all the copywrites out would never be recouped by the numbers of people willing to invest in the game. Perhaps you could speak to Jeff Bezos now that he no longer has to support Amazon ... [:D]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
pbiggar

Post by pbiggar »

I think we might have better luck with Paul Allen if he was still around. Anyone interested in paying to find the Musashi and many others might have a few million for the refresh!
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

Bill Belichick of Patriots fame is fairly well-off thanks to his career in the NFL and is a known huge WW2 history buff (he's even done narration for a WW2 documentary or two). Perhaps someone could persuade him to help fund the effort. [:)]
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Maybe somebody should start a thread asking for one thousand dollar donations for everyone who asks this question.

Also, maybe make a thread and sticky it so people will not ask this question any more plus make sure that no comments are allowed.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Leandros

Post by Leandros »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

Maybe somebody should start a thread asking for one thousand dollar donations for everyone who asks this question.

Also, maybe make a thread and sticky it so people will not ask this question any more plus make sure that no comments are allowed.
Something like TTTSNBN on "Armchair General"? A thread on "Operation Sealion" which went on for five years. After 15.000 postings it was decided by the moderators that it was enough. So...TTTSNBN - The Thread That Shall Not Be Named

I must admit I was involved - in the discussions, that is...[;)]

Fred
-----

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3 ... rw_dp_labf
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Not again.[:(]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
btd64

Post by btd64 »

yup....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

This is like....disregard thread...[:D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

This is like....disregard thread...[:D]
Almost, you are allowed to make comments about the futility of regarding the topic introduced.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

As a substitute I suppose one could try Warplan Pacific. However, the game seems like a Japanese fanboy fantasy so far. With Malaya, Borneo. the Philippines, the DEI, Port Moresby, New Caledonia, Guadalcanal and Fiji all being routinely conquered by the Empire by January 1942.

Sounds like some logistical pruning is in order.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Did someone say disregard????? Done....[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
elxaime

Post by elxaime »

I only asked because they had made a WITE 2 and I was curious. I didn't expect this level of hostility. I won't be posting here again, don't worry.
JVJ
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

ORIGINAL: elxaime

I only asked because they had made a WITE 2 and I was curious. I didn't expect this level of hostility. I won't be posting here again, don't worry.

Didn't mean to sound harsh. It just seems like this question gets asked about once a month. Plus, if you hang out here it's been made plain many times that there will never be a sequel.

Technically, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is WITP2. The original War in the Pacific by Gary Grigsby came out in 2004.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

But have you been to the dark place, when your post is dissed by Alfred and Bullwinkle at the same time?

Jokes aside, I marvel how they had pulled off WITP:AE in the first place. THE FORUM WONDERS.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

It is not just that you asked and apparently did not look at previous threads but to me, it is the way that you asked.[:-]

― Julia Child

Kull

Post by Kull »

It is not just that you asked and apparently did not look at previous threads but to me, it is the way that you asked.[:-]

It was just a humorous riff off a well-known WW2 incident. Oddly enough, this too has inspired angst and agita amongst some who read it! [:)]
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: Kull

It was just a humorous riff off a well-known WW2 incident. Oddly enough, this too has inspired angst and agita amongst some who read it! [:)]

Not to mention that he was SHOUTING!

― Julia Child

Kull

Post by Kull »

Not to mention that he was SHOUTING!

Umm no. They didn't use identifiers for Caps/No Caps in those messages.

And oddly enough, he wasn't the first to use this meme when questioning the hoped for arrival of a Matrix update:
ORIGINAL: dorjun driver

TURKEY TROTS TO WATER GG FROM CINCPAC ACTION COM THIRD FLEET INFO COMINCH CTF SEVENTY-SEVEN X WHERE IS RPT WHERE IS PATCH TWO RR THE WORLD WONDERS

I dare say, you've missed the gist of the message.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”