RAINMAP V 1.0 released
I made this map trying to resemble the colours of old "rainy day in russia" variation of Jisons fantastic Wite map. So full of green tones and brown mountains.
All modifications only alter TILES files, no hexart file so it is fully compatible with pre-existing matches.
Most elements can be cherry-picked to taste, I separate them in 5 categories that can be installed separately.
This mod is not my own design, most tiles are simply the magnificent stock ones modified via GIMP, with these notable exceptions:
- Forest and Wood are using overkill´s PrettyTrees mod v0.3 (with colour variations).
- Swamp, urban, cityes and towns are "recycled" design from Jison´s rainy day on russia Wite Map
- Ferrys and all new mistakes on previous tiles are all my original work.
I will be maintaining the map to the extend of my capabilities, there are known mistakes , as some hexes border in light snow weather and will be very happy tobe pointed to a lot more of them.
Map names are obscured - specially in forest areas- they should look better on white/clear colour, I will work on a font set to improve this .but that modification WILL need a new game to be started. For those who really want to see names withouth changing fonts I suggest installing prettytrees INSTEAD of my "Trees" own module.
- substituting ferry icon
- not yet fully satisfied with rough tiles, and rivers and all sea are yet from stock
Simply unzip selected modules into your TILES folder.
google DRIVE all files
- includes clear, coast, swamp, water, urban/town/cityes, rough and mountain tiles
- includes single and double rail lines with "bed paths" to make them more visible.
- Forest and woods, as commented previously they tan be subtituted harmlessly with PrettyTrees mod v0.3
- mayor and minor rivers, in "high contrast" format. you can left stock ones -simply so not install this part- for a more smooth map look
- Only a smaller icon for ferrys.
- modified edifications (towns, cityes urban and heavy urban tiles) greater contrast and some minor amendments
Fonts and MAPTEXT USE WITH CAUTION . I really advice dooing your own combination, I only add this ones for completion
fonts have to be extracted in C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2\Dat and the change the font and size on ALL YOUR GAMES.
Maptext have to be extracted in C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2\Dat\GenData and does only apply to new matches created after its instalation
< Message edited by vilcum -- 6/12/2021 5:29:07 PM >