Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviets v Axis AI Winter

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Soviets v Axis AI Winter Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviets v Axis AI Winter - 5/26/2021 5:41:46 PM   
Scarz

I just finished 41/42 winter turns as Soviets versus Challenging AI. Not only was the winter offensive disappointing, the Axis even continued to attack in a few places...

Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Is this purely based on the increased Axis stats for the difficulty level? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Soviets v Axis AI Winter - 5/26/2021 5:49:36 PM   
carlkay58

Yes sometimes the increased stats for either side make it more difficult to do some things. You should still be able to benefit from the combat penalties in the winter but with the AI able to shift units around from well-supplied areas to non-supplied areas you don't get as much of the build up from wearing them down. The Challenging level gives the Axis +10% leadership (think of it as +1 to all leader ratings - as if the Axis need that!), +10% fortifications - so they can build forts faster and once they hit level 2 then it negates the weather penalties, etc. If you are playing straight Challenging then your morale level is left alone but you gain a -10% on leadership, etc. So your units are worse and theirs are better. Something the AI takes advantage of.

(in reply to Scarz)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviets v Axis AI Winter - 5/26/2021 6:21:55 PM   
Scarz

Thanks for the response Carlkay58. I assumed that was it, but it was my first winter and wasn't sure if the game just toned down the winter offensive from WitE1.

Do you know of or has any suggested some reasonable settings for the Germans. The normal setting are not enough, but the full Challenging mode seems to be a bit much in the winter and in the 42 spring/summer offensive. I guess I am looking for settings that allow the Axis to make progress, but not the full 1941 Germans again in 1942...

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviets v Axis AI Winter - 5/26/2021 6:46:37 PM   
Karri

You could alsosimply change the values during the winter turns and then change them back for the 42 summer.

< Message edited by Karri -- 5/26/2021 6:47:00 PM >

(in reply to Scarz)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviets v Axis AI Winter - 5/26/2021 11:09:25 PM   
carlkay58

Scarz: the settings you use are entirely based on your personal preferences and tastes. I tend to go Custom with the Soviets at 110 across the board and the Axis at 100 when I play Axis. When I play Soviets I go with the Axis at 120 across the board and Soviets all at 100. I stick with 100 on the side I am playing so that I can learn and get the feel for what I would be able to do against another player. I have to give the Axis 120 across the board because I can defeat them fairly easily at 110 while 120 gives me a good amount of panicky 'where the heck am I going to find enough troops to ....' that makes me feel like I am actually a Soviet commander in 41.

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Soviets v Axis AI Winter Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI