Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird terrain note

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Weird terrain note Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird terrain note - 5/26/2021 4:10:03 AM   
mdsmall

One of the fun things about this game is learning about some of the more obscure aspects of European geography. However, in a recent game I was surprised to discover as I was moving a unit on the road from Jassy to Czernowitz along the north-eastern edge of the Carpathians that hex 198,89 - which looks like it should be Mountain hex, or perhaps a River hex - is in fact a Forest hex. Peering through the grime on my computer screen, I could barely make a speck of green in the middle of the hex. I checked the Editor - you can't choose to edit the Terrain layer to pick a piece of forest that small. Just wondering - is this intentional or a glitch?
Post #: 1
RE: Weird terrain note - 5/26/2021 5:26:26 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

Little 'Green Men'. Like the ones seen in Crimea, Transdnistra, and South Ossetia. Or, its full disclosure...and soldiers of Tau Ophiuchus Ceti are waving back at you. Hex 198,89 you say? Hmm..I will go take a look too.

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
RE: Weird terrain note - 5/26/2021 9:53:50 AM   
BillRunacre

The mountain images can tend to dominate and drown out other terrain types, which is why the forest is hidden in this case. It is actually the 4th forest down if you look at the forest types in the Editor.

I think I'll either remove it or use the Offset setting so that it can be seen.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 3
RE: Weird terrain note - 6/4/2021 3:55:56 PM   
mdsmall

Hi Bill - I have come across another "weird terrain effect". Hex 173,99 in Italy, one hex north-west of the town of Pescara, looks like it should be a mountain hex. It is surrounded on three sides by mountains and is at largely covered with mountain terrain features. But it turns out to be clear hex. It is also a road and railroad junction, so if you are trying to defend the Italian Adriatic coast against amphibious invasions, it is good hex to occupy.

Any reasons why this is a clear hex? If not, perhaps it could be made a mountain hex. And if so, perhaps you might modify the terrain feature slightly to make that more apparent.

Cheers,

Michael

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 4
RE: Weird terrain note - 6/6/2021 10:10:14 AM   
BillRunacre

I'll take a look at it.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 5
RE: Weird terrain note - 6/14/2021 6:06:02 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdsmall

Hi Bill - I have come across another "weird terrain effect". Hex 173,99 in Italy, one hex north-west of the town of Pescara, looks like it should be a mountain hex. It is surrounded on three sides by mountains and is at largely covered with mountain terrain features. But it turns out to be clear hex. It is also a road and railroad junction, so if you are trying to defend the Italian Adriatic coast against amphibious invasions, it is good hex to occupy.

Any reasons why this is a clear hex? If not, perhaps it could be made a mountain hex. And if so, perhaps you might modify the terrain feature slightly to make that more apparent.

Cheers,

Michael

Hmmm...interested in that, eh, in our current MP match?

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 6/14/2021 6:07:08 AM >

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Weird terrain note Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI