Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.09.03] small display bug with unit stacks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09.03] small display bug with unit stacks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.09.03] small display bug with unit stacks - 5/22/2021 10:38:46 AM   
bvoid

I'm sure everyone has noticed this one.

If you click on a map unit stack it will cycle through the units (the map icon changes). However if you click the box in the bottom-left to select a unit then it won't change the map icon. Thus you could have an aeroplane unit selected, and the map will show the correct range - but the map icon will show another unit.

I think the intended behavior is that the map should show the selected unit on top of stack.

This can add to UI confusion for new players, but everyone else is just used to it.

Hopefully an easy fix.

< Message edited by bvoid -- 5/22/2021 10:42:53 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [1.09.03] small display bug with unit stacks - 5/22/2021 11:38:11 AM   
BlueTemplar

You *can* actually see the highlighted border moving from unit to unit on the map too, even with the "Smaller counters" map mode OFF.

This *might* be a good idea to "fix" - to have units getting automatically reordered when you select one of them (instead of having to click the selected unit again to re-order them), but this might interfere with the way that the "Smaller counters" map mode works ? (And changing unit display order can be confusing on its own...)

However, I also see some inconsistencies there :
- With the "Smaller counters" ON, clicking on a map icon of an already selected unit again does *not* re-order the units.
- With the "Smaller counters" ON, units seem to be ordered inversely compared to Units tab bottom left (from bottom right to top left - for the first 4 ones at least). (Or is this a workaround for when you have more than 16 units that end up stacked in a single hex, so some of them end up "invisible" in the Units tab ?)

< Message edited by BlueTemplar -- 5/22/2021 11:41:56 AM >

(in reply to bvoid)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09.03] small display bug with unit stacks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI