Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.09.02] Leader learns unrelated skills

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09.02] Leader learns unrelated skills Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.09.02] Leader learns unrelated skills - 5/19/2021 6:38:49 PM   
ydmatrix2

A leader that was assigned as Director of Military Research Council on turn 4 has been for almost 30 turns solely improving skill completely unrelated with his position / skill rolls - never 'Science'/'Inventor'.

I know there's supposed to be some chance to try improve different skills than the ones the leaders are actively rolling for, but this seems way too much.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ydmatrix2 -- 5/19/2021 6:39:43 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: [1.09.02] Leader learns unrelated skills - 5/19/2021 7:27:25 PM   
BlueTemplar

Note that those are all Skills that he already had to start with, except Against the Odds.
(A skill seems to be pretty rare, and also something that adventurers / scouts / rogues seem to be able to get ?)
So your guy seems to just be continuing to train for his initial careers ?

I haven't had issues like these with my Research Directors, however I noticed that for the Supreme Command Director (and his adviser), even after setting the General Stratagems task to 0%, they continued to train the various related Skills...

(in reply to ydmatrix2)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.09.02] Leader learns unrelated skills - 5/19/2021 8:06:19 PM   
zgrssd

Vic gave the Leader some chance to improove skills aquired from their Background.
But he overdid it, I think in the 1.08 beta or earlier. Are you running a old version? Was the savegame created in a old version?

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.09.02] Leader learns unrelated skills - 5/19/2021 10:35:06 PM   
BlueTemplar

1.08.05 started in 1.07.06 for me.

Also I noticed, while there is supposed to be a cap of 2*Stat for Skill levels, my SHQ blew past that this very turn for the first skill that he "specialized in" (Bribery, sigh). We'll see if like the manual says it will decrease later...

He also leveled up Operational Command, Infantry Tactics and Tank Tactics to the max, even though they have no effect on regular troops... but I guess do have one on militia ? (Though I don't have any left and probably won't have any again...)

(And he still has Resist Influence (Will) to level up... I guess that Improvisation (Will) cannot be leveled up ? Or is the chance just tiny - I see your guy above getting some extra levels in 6th sense !)

< Message edited by BlueTemplar -- 5/19/2021 10:55:32 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.09.02] Leader learns unrelated skills - 5/19/2021 10:54:44 PM   
BlueTemplar

Looking at more leaders, my starting Cap V governor -
(started career as a rogue, specialized in bribery,
after a solid period become a community leader, specialized in investigation)
- decided, out of the blue, to get 15 levels in... Offensive Tactics !
(But I guess that there's a small chance for leaders to get a "hobby" like that ?)

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09.02] Leader learns unrelated skills Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI