Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ships retreating towards enemy still

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Ships retreating towards enemy still Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ships retreating towards enemy still - 5/19/2021 2:40:24 AM   
havoc1371

Supposedly this was going to be fixed, but it still happens in every game I play. German MT 3 hexes outside of an open port in the North Sea is attacked by a DD. It then retreats around the DD towards England, even though it has a clear straight path to a friendly port to the SE. CL attacks it next and it retreats around the CL still closer to England, still with no enemy between it and friendly ports, and is finally sunk by yet a third enemy unit. What gives.
Post #: 1
RE: Ships retreating towards enemy still - 5/19/2021 8:59:55 AM   
EarlyDoors

I'm generally unclear what the rules of retreat are

why do some panzers retreat when attacked and some don't

why do panzers that don't have a clear path of retreat then retreat two spaces behind covering unit !

can be very annoying

12-15 PBEM++
-----------
Honours the game
-----------
http://scwaw-rankings.s3-website.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

(in reply to havoc1371)
Post #: 2
RE: Ships retreating towards enemy still - 5/19/2021 2:45:55 PM   
CaesarAug

It’s always a great idea to File\Export Data in the editor once your mod is complete.

That way, a player can easily remake a mod, based on an updated official campaign, by the File\Import Data function in the editor.
And then selecting exactly what data you want restored.

Important also is to retain any mod changes made to the localization.txt and scripts, which will need to be updated in the editor anyway for the mod to work properly.

EDIT: Sorry guys, I posted this elsewhere. I don't know how this was posted here... A strange case of inadvertent double-posting.

< Message edited by CaesarAug -- 5/22/2021 4:03:45 AM >

(in reply to EarlyDoors)
Post #: 3
RE: Ships retreating towards enemy still - 5/21/2021 1:56:08 PM   
havoc1371

Okay, I posted a question about ships retreating toward the enemy and it seems my post has been hijacked by comments on unrelated topics.

(in reply to CaesarAug)
Post #: 4
RE: Ships retreating towards enemy still - 5/21/2021 4:08:16 PM   
boudi

No you're right. I fought the Japanese navy with the USN west of Hawaï, and each BB I hit had retreated to the east.. Probably there is a problem.

(in reply to havoc1371)
Post #: 5
RE: Ships retreating towards enemy still - 5/21/2021 6:27:33 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: havoc1371

Supposedly this was going to be fixed, but it still happens in every game I play. German MT 3 hexes outside of an open port in the North Sea is attacked by a DD. It then retreats around the DD towards England, even though it has a clear straight path to a friendly port to the SE. CL attacks it next and it retreats around the CL still closer to England, still with no enemy between it and friendly ports, and is finally sunk by yet a third enemy unit. What gives.

I know we made some improvements but offhand I don't remember anything along the lines of purposefully retreating towards a friendly port, unless of course I've now forgotten.

Generally a unit will attempt to retreat to any open hex that has the least number of enemy units adjacent to it, ideally looking for zero enemy units.

It then follows up with an attempt to move to an equivalent hex to this best determined hex with the least number of adjacent enemy units, but at the hex with the best supply value.

Retreat range can also come into effect limiting just how far and which hex it can retreat to as well.

(in reply to havoc1371)
Post #: 6
RE: Ships retreating towards enemy still - 5/22/2021 4:01:39 AM   
CaesarAug

quote:

ORIGINAL: havoc1371

Okay, I posted a question about ships retreating toward the enemy and it seems my post has been hijacked by comments on unrelated topics.

Sorry, havoc1371. You see, I had posted my comment elsewhere and to my surprise, it appeared in your thread. I thought it very odd since where I really had intended to post the comment, I had edited it here by error, and had to edit it again in the thread where it belonged. A strange phenomenon of inadvertent double-posting.

(in reply to havoc1371)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Ships retreating towards enemy still Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI