Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Better to do infantry warfare tech upgrade or command upgrade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Better to do infantry warfare tech upgrade or command upgrade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Better to do infantry warfare tech upgrade or command u... - 5/18/2021 6:57:00 PM   
smckechnie

I think this question probably needs to go to the developers.

Given limited resources and timing for the allies, what should the priority be in terms of infantry warfare vs command and control? I realize that ideally you get both, but given limited resources and timing, what should the priority be?

The infantry warfare increases all infantry units morale by 10%, but it seems to me that command and control increase might be more important as a priority.

Does anyone know how much of an advantage the increase in command and control gives to units vs the 10% morale increase? The formula for combat seems to make me think that the command and control is of better benefit than the 10% morale boost?

I would appreciate comment from Bill or Hubert on this.

Thanks,

Scott
Post #: 1
RE: Better to do infantry warfare tech upgrade or comma... - 5/18/2021 7:29:33 PM   
The Land

The developers don't tend to comment on what strategies people should follow... ;)

I've never been entirely sure what the infantry warfare boost does exactly - does it impact Readiness by 10%, or more, or less?

Even so I tend to research it before Command and Control in most circumstances, because most countries have relatively much infantry and relatively few HQs - for instance if you are Russia then you spend most of 1941 with most of your units not supported by HQs and have no real way to prevent that, so you want the Infantry Warfare tech.... that at least is my thinking

(in reply to smckechnie)
Post #: 2
RE: Better to do infantry warfare tech upgrade or comma... - 5/18/2021 8:19:51 PM   
smckechnie

I did not intend for the developers to give there 2 cents worth on what strategy to take.

I just want to understand the impact of command and control research vs inf tech more. It is an issue for all of the allied countries.

Scott

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 3
RE: Better to do infantry warfare tech upgrade or comma... - 5/19/2021 9:29:47 AM   
EarlyDoors

quote:

ORIGINAL: smckechnie

I did not intend for the developers to give there 2 cents worth on what strategy to take.

I just want to understand the impact of command and control research vs inf tech more. It is an issue for all of the allied countries.

Scott

Personally, i choose inf warfare (+10%) readiness over C&C but its close

C&C will generally add around (+5%) readiness to all units under command, which will be 1 more than currently (usually 5 to 6)

12-15 PBEM++
-----------
Honours the game
-----------
http://scwaw-rankings.s3-website.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

(in reply to smckechnie)
Post #: 4
RE: Better to do infantry warfare tech upgrade or comma... - 5/19/2021 12:37:37 PM   
BillRunacre

To be honest I can't give a more specific answer, as C&C improves the combat abilities of all units commanded by that Major's HQs, whereas Infantry Warfare just boosts the morale of some units (both feed into the combat calculations which are explained in the Manual).

So it depends on your force mix, e.g. for the UK or USA in attempting to win an aerial battle for the skies over France, their needs are very different from the Red Army's.

With the latter I would incline to Infantry Warfare because the Red Army will go through a lot of units, and not all will have HQ support.

But it really is a case of trial and error based on the situation.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to EarlyDoors)
Post #: 5
RE: Better to do infantry warfare tech upgrade or comma... - 5/19/2021 3:12:03 PM   
boudi

1st : infantry warfare. For sure.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Better to do infantry warfare tech upgrade or command upgrade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI