Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Recon vs Recon and Bomb

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Recon vs Recon and Bomb Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recon vs Recon and Bomb - 5/18/2021 12:12:01 AM   
mdsmall

I am finishing a game of the 1917 campaign in which I upgraded my recon bombers to Level 1 in Ground Attack tech. I have noticed that they seem to suffer significant casualties when carrying our reconnaissance on a target for my artillery (over and above any casualties due to interception by enemy fighters). It occurs to me this is probably because the bombers are trying to bomb the enemy targets, rather than just carrying out reconnaissance.

Would it be possible to introduce an option for Recon Bombers - modelled on the option that exists for Seaplane Carriers - to set them either to "Recon" or to "Recon and Bomb"? That way they could be used in both modes and would only inflict and take casualties from ground attack bombing when that was the player's specific intention.
Post #: 1
RE: Recon vs Recon and Bomb - 5/18/2021 11:24:47 PM   
Bavre

Was that in our match?
You probably hit either a HQ, cannon or Cav. Those have def > 0 vs bomber. Just target a normal corps and you should not receive any damage from it. Tho I really don't understand why Cav is better vs bomber than Inf.

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
RE: Recon vs Recon and Bomb - 5/19/2021 2:31:06 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bavre

Was that in our match?
You probably hit either a HQ, cannon or Cav. Those have def > 0 vs bomber. Just target a normal corps and you should not receive any damage from it. Tho I really don't understand why Cav is better vs bomber than Inf.

Maybe the guys shooting back at the planes are a little higher being they are on the backs of horses.

Honestly though, I understand HQ's having a modest defense against bombers, but certainly not cavalry.

(in reply to Bavre)
Post #: 3
RE: Recon vs Recon and Bomb - 5/19/2021 12:48:38 PM   
BillRunacre

That's something I've got a note of to change. I don't know how it crept into the game, but (much as I find the use of cavalry in WWI fascinating) it isn't as intended.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 4
RE: Recon vs Recon and Bomb - 5/19/2021 4:03:09 PM   
Hubert Cater

I've added this to my list as well.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Recon vs Recon and Bomb Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI