Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

do I understand admin strain right?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> do I understand admin strain right? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
do I understand admin strain right? - 5/17/2021 1:19:49 AM   
misterprimus

Am I covered here? I want to build a city on C and potentially some volcanic power generators at the six potential locations. Would all 6 locations be within the six hexes needed to avoid admin strain?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: do I understand admin strain right? - 5/17/2021 2:08:23 AM   
zgrssd

You do not need to build new cities, if you do not yet have a issue with Admin Strain.
Admin Strain is based on Level + Distance to the far assets, vs Levels of the near assets. Especially a city with serious buildup can be quite resistant.

As for your question:
All those hexes should be within the "near" distance. Even if 1 or 2 are outside, it should not mater much becasue of all the ones that will be inside.

If possible found the city on a Free Folk town - I heard that the Town population will be instantly absorbed into your new city for free.

Also keep in mind that they will need Emergency Food to not starve at first and might need quite some time to get the Private Credits and Population to build a Privte Farm.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 5/17/2021 2:09:07 AM >

(in reply to misterprimus)
Post #: 2
RE: do I understand admin strain right? - 5/17/2021 2:59:02 AM   
laagamer

As I understand in the manual, Administrative Strain hits hard for Assets beyond 6 tiles of the city.

If you're asking if it would be alright to build assets in those specific hexes, with a theoretical city there, then it would be okay. Someone can double check me on that. I am new.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: do I understand admin strain right? - 5/17/2021 4:22:51 AM   
Maerchen

Before you settle in that C position - you did assess admin stress correctly -, press C for construct to check if the volcanic power generators are buildable at the wanted positions. IIRC, you need an actual volcano in the hex you want to build VPGs, not only lava.

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

(in reply to laagamer)
Post #: 4
RE: do I understand admin strain right? - 5/17/2021 9:12:31 AM   
BlueTemplar

Those *are* volcanoes.

Yeah, that's a great city spot, with 3 volcanoes just in range, wow ! (The hex right under it would work too.)

I wonder though, what is the efficiency of spamming lvl 1 Volcano Tapping, compared to the highest level asset in your highest level city..? Let's say for solar, since it's probably OP ?

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 5
RE: do I understand admin strain right? - 5/17/2021 4:37:10 PM   
Maerchen

I understood that there were volcanoes, I just misunderstood the 1-5 markings as the construction spots.

And it is probably more effective to build just one or two VPGs and level those up to city level. But maybe I am wrong, and OPs' empire is that energy hungry.

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 6
RE: do I understand admin strain right? - 5/17/2021 10:06:41 PM   
misterprimus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maerchen

I understood that there were volcanoes, I just misunderstood the 1-5 markings as the construction spots.

And it is probably more effective to build just one or two VPGs and level those up to city level. But maybe I am wrong, and OPs' empire is that energy hungry.

The numbers was just me counting to 6. I assume the city tile is 0 and not the first (or 1) in the 6-count.

I assume that as with other structures, building up existing assets is more manpower efficient than building a bunch of lvl-1 assets, so leveling up a single asset is what I plan to do. I just wanted to keep my options open so I don't have to build yet another town to take advantage of the second volcano.

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 7
RE: do I understand admin strain right? - 5/17/2021 10:08:15 PM   
misterprimus

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

Those *are* volcanoes.

Yeah, that's a great city spot, with 3 volcanoes just in range, wow ! (The hex right under it would work too.)

I wonder though, what is the efficiency of spamming lvl 1 Volcano Tapping, compared to the highest level asset in your highest level city..? Let's say for solar, since it's probably OP ?

I think at max level, volcano is the most efficient tech; about as efficient as fission reactor, though requiring water instead of atomics. The only thing more efficient is a fusion reactor, but that's end-game stuff.

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 8
RE: do I understand admin strain right? - 5/18/2021 9:09:35 AM   
BlueTemplar

I'm aware of that, but that's not my question. Getting high levels of volcanic there would involve moving a LOT of colonists. And they might need extra QoL buildings, indirectly lowering volcanic efficiency.

(Also, water might not be free for you, since you seem to be on a volcanic world ?)

(in reply to misterprimus)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> do I understand admin strain right? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI