From: The Old Northwest
It is not true that the game is unplayable in solitaire or hotseat mode. I have played no less than fifteen games in solitaire mode (four until 1948) and five in hotseat mode with a group of friends.
It is true that there are some bugs but most of them are avoidable if you know the rules and in the worst case, for some of them, you edit the save files.
This is our current list of frequent bugs with the latest version.
1. Naval movement errors, especially when you split fleets or there are interceptions. To fix this, we frequently save when moving fleets but I admit that sometimes it is very annoying to have to repeat the movements.
2. The undo command does not work well, neither with ships, nor when moving forward after combat and sometimes in air missions. The undo all command does not work well either.
3. After deactivating or modifying commercial agreements they do not disappear or change automatically, it is necessary to delete them or modify them manually.
4. The system of convoys sometimes works irregularly. We adjust it by editing the save, it is very fast and efficient.
5. One of the worst for us, when you liberate or reconquer, territories, archipelagos or some minor countries the control of the hexagons does not change properly. This is especially annoying in the pacific and is not easy to fix.
6. When you are going to deploy some reinforcements and it is not possible due to stacking limits, playing with the optional deployment rule, the game stops instead of putting the counter in the next month's reinforcement pool. Most of the time this can be fixed by editing the save but not always.
In my opinion, these are annoying bugs but they don't make the game unplayable and they are not many for such a complex game. As for the optional rules not yet implemented, the only important one for us is the non-aggression pact between Japan and the USSR, I hope it will be one of the next to be implemented. As for the partial scenarios, in my opinion they are of little interest as they are not well balanced in the original game. About the AI we already spoke some time ago, we are of the opinion that except in learning scenarios it is not worth the effort. Finally and although we do not play in network we think that it would be good to polish and improve it to expand the community of players. My apologies for this long post, we like the game and we want it to continue its development. Nothing more to thank the programmer for the effort, we understand your criticisms but for my friends and I it is much better to have this game than not having it.
Saludos y animo!
a few bugs is acceptable. when the game is released.
but this is 8 YEARS after the release
True. But what's the alternative? I don't have one. Do you?
Alternative is for me to go back in time and not buy this for $100, lol. But seriously, I think the alternative is Matrix to have been more up-front about the state of the game and it's development. This game should've been released for a fraction of the price and in an "early access" type state. The way it was marketed was entirely incongruent with that.
Everyone understands how massive this project is and how it's a one man team. But we were led to believe it was further along than it actually was and for $100 that's an unreal premium. Oh well, you live and learn.
< Message edited by Bamilus -- 5/23/2021 3:11:00 PM >
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee