Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can you re-recruit shattered units?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Can you re-recruit shattered units? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can you re-recruit shattered units? - 5/14/2021 2:04:12 PM   
Alcibiades73

I am a bit confused as to what happens when you lose "named" units. It seems to me that the human player cannot re-recruit units that have been lost. So theoretically all the "named" units are destroyed, then you can no longer recruit any more units, correct? Yet, I see the AI USSR continue to show up with units that are un-named. So, for instance, they have units with generic tags such as "Army" instead of "1st Army." Is this exception only apply to the AI? So they have in effect an infinite recruitment pool?
Post #: 1
RE: Can you re-recruit shattered units? - 5/14/2021 2:38:20 PM   
EarlyDoors

I'm not sure about AI but units can be reformed at a reduced price and time if they had supply of 5 or more when destroyed

11-15 PBEM++
-----------
Honours the game
-----------
http://scwaw-rankings.s3-website.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

(in reply to Alcibiades73)
Post #: 2
RE: Can you re-recruit shattered units? - 5/14/2021 4:05:05 PM   
Alcibiades73

quote:

ORIGINAL: EarlyDoors

I'm not sure about AI but units can be reformed at a reduced price and time if they had supply of 5 or more when destroyed

I see. But do you get to re-recruit the same named units that were destroyed? Or do you get generic, un-named units in their stead? Either way, it was a bit immersion breaking to see un-named AI Soviet units.

Also, does the same re-recruitment rules apply to ships, too? I've yet to been able to re-recruit any destroyed ships.

(in reply to EarlyDoors)
Post #: 3
RE: Can you re-recruit shattered units? - 5/15/2021 12:33:48 AM   
Elessar2

Yes, they have a * next to their (pre-shattering) name, and you can note the reduced price; ships however are gone forever (alas there are no "bottomed in port" refloating rules, which is a shame). The other issue involves all of the extra AI units, and as you have suspected the devs simply forgot to provide enough names.

Post #: 4
RE: Can you re-recruit shattered units? - 5/15/2021 12:52:06 AM   
Alcibiades73

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elessar2

Yes, they have a * next to their (pre-shattering) name, and you can note the reduced price; ships however are gone forever (alas there are no "bottomed in port" refloating rules, which is a shame). The other issue involves all of the extra AI units, and as you have suspected the devs simply forgot to provide enough names.

Thanks for the explanation! I'd frankly would have preferred even non-naval units not be able to be re-recruited - or at least re-recruited only at half strength - because the unit spam can get dreary later on. Perhaps this can be modded in?

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 5
RE: Can you re-recruit shattered units? - 5/15/2021 5:55:07 PM   
Elessar2

Kill them below 5 supply and they will cost the enemy full price; IOW try to trap as many Russian units in pockets as you can before taking them out.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Can you re-recruit shattered units? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI