Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tattle Tales????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Tattle Tales???? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tattle Tales???? - 5/13/2021 11:46:32 PM   
BeirutDude

Anybody know how to have a vessel tail a SAG/CSG as a tattle tale? I'd like to have a Burke tattle tale the Shendong. Tattle Tale would be it's own "Side."

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
RE: Tattle Tales???? - 5/14/2021 2:07:08 AM   
Gunner98

I too would like to know how to do this better. Currently I try and predict which way the carrier is going, put one in front, one behind and a sub off to the flank generally - one of them should be able to keep track. Also good to have a Helo in the air with SS radars on.

But the trick of having the tattle tail actually match the target movement is not easy. You used to be able to have a Ref points attached to the ships on another side but that changed a few years ago. Now you need to be same side or allied for that to work I think.

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 2
RE: Tattle Tales???? - 5/14/2021 3:54:47 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

Anybody know how to have a vessel tail a SAG/CSG as a tattle tale? I'd like to have a Burke tattle tale the Shendong. Tattle Tale would be it's own "Side."

Can you be more specific? What exactly do you want the object to do ideally, what exactly don't you want it to do ideally (if anything). Do you care if said unit "cheats" either in knowledge or idk teleport movement increments in accomplishing what the things you want it to do or should it act as normal as possible?

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 3
RE: Tattle Tales???? - 5/14/2021 4:01:34 PM   
Schr75

Hi BeirutDude

Try creating a very small patrol zone defined by relative RP´s set relative to the target.
Then add the DDG to a seacontrol patrol defined by these RP´s.

It´s not perfect but I think it works pretty OK.

Søren

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 4
RE: Tattle Tales???? - 5/20/2021 9:50:18 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

Can you be more specific? What exactly do you want the object to do ideally, what exactly don't you want it to do ideally (if anything). Do you care if said unit "cheats" either in knowledge or idk teleport movement increments in accomplishing what the things you want it to do or should it act as normal as possible?

I was hoping to have a Burke follow the Shandong CSG and stay close as a real (USS Mustin) DDG would. As Gunner said, you used to be able to place a patrol area with relative RPs on an enemy TF/SAG/CSG but that seems to have gone away.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

Post #: 5
RE: Tattle Tales???? - 5/20/2021 9:53:40 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

I'd like to have a Burke follow the Shangdong CSG as a real DDG would (USS Mustin for example). As Gunner said you used to be able to have a Patrol area relative to another side's TF TF but that went away.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Tattle Tales???? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI