Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! - 5/13/2021 1:59:06 AM   
Tanaka

Never seen this one before. I just had an AI Entente artillery unit bombard my CP submerged sub over and over in the English Channel from England.

Something is not right lol...

Also for the first time seeing AI Italian units on the French front? Never seen that before either...

Also one of the AI Russian units moved with the sound of motorized infantry during it's turn?

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 5/13/2021 5:22:22 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! - 5/13/2021 6:38:10 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

Tell me this isn't so about the artillery

I have seen Italian infantry before on the Western Front if the French are hammered...and its possible that Russian units may have the mobility upgrade...but that could be AI shenanigans.

What year in game are you at?

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 5/13/2021 6:42:45 AM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! - 5/13/2021 3:55:20 PM   
mdsmall

It has happened to me! I raised the same question in this thread from last year in the Forum:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4819732

Michael

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
RE: New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! - 5/13/2021 6:21:43 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldCrowBalthazor

Tell me this isn't so about the artillery

I have seen Italian infantry before on the Western Front if the French are hammered...and its possible that Russian units may have the mobility upgrade...but that could be AI shenanigans.

What year in game are you at?

1915. Ah ok so the mobility upgrade will make the sound? Honestly I did not know they had motorized corps in WW1.

Ok so if that is working right and it is normal for the Italians to be on the French front then I guess the artillery attacking subs is the only issue!

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 4
RE: New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! - 5/13/2021 6:22:54 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdsmall

It has happened to me! I raised the same question in this thread from last year in the Forum:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4819732

Michael

Ah ok guess that is normal too!

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 5
RE: New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! - 5/13/2021 6:25:34 PM   
OldCrowBalthazor

This was what Bill said, and I agree with this interpretation:

"I wouldn't interpret a Sub being in Silent Mode as literally being underwater for the full real life length of time that the turn represents. Really it just means it is in that mode as much as is practical." -Bill

Its easy to forget that at this scale..one sub unit could be a dozen actual submarines, and they mostly sailed on the surface, but submerging tactically. So they are actually >dive, surface, dive, surface, dive< as they stitch their way from one way point to another..and this is reflected abstractly with 'silent' mode...which results in slower movement. I would say that coast watchers or friendly ships could report 'possible sub activity' and request nearby artillery to bracket the area.

ps. The linked thread was post last year May 2020. I remember it too...and holy cow, what a year its been from that May to this May.

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 6
RE: New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! - 5/13/2021 6:27:38 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

"I wouldn't interpret a Sub being in Silent Mode as literally being underwater for the full real life length of time that the turn represents. Really it just means it is in that mode as much as is practical." -Bill

Its easy to forget that at this scale..one sub unit could be a dozen actual submarines, and they mostly sailed on the surface, but submerging tactically. So they are actually >dive, surface, dive, surface, dive< as they stitch their way from one way point to another..and this is reflected abstractly with 'silent' mode...which results in slower movement. I would say that coast watchers or friendly ships could report 'possible sub activity' and request nearby artillery to bracket the area.

ps. The linked thread was post last year May 2020. I remember it too...and holy cow, what a year its been from that May to this May.

Honestly I had no idea you could attack any ships at all with artillery out at sea haha. I thought that was the point of coastal guns. Learned something new!

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 5/13/2021 6:42:58 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! - 5/13/2021 7:10:02 PM   
OldCrowBalthazor

I don't think they have much of an effect though..just demoralization? I don't know...I never waste my shells on boats. Maybe we should test this haha!

...or Bill or Hubert could save us the time and tell us 'whats what?'

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 8
RE: New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! - 5/13/2021 7:10:20 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

I can't believe it's a year since I wrote that!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Post #: 9
RE: New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! - 5/13/2021 7:16:40 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

I don't think they have much of an effect though..just demoralization? I don't know...I never waste my shells on boats. Maybe we should test this haha!

...or Bill or Hubert could save us the time and tell us 'whats what?'

It's certainly possible to shell ships if spotted, whether doing so with your artillery is the best use of that particular unit is another thing

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> New Bug: AI Artillery attacking my Submerged Subs! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI