Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Balkans Variation Mod: Lots of great ideas here!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Balkans Variation Mod: Lots of great ideas here! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Balkans Variation Mod: Lots of great ideas here! - 5/7/2021 8:16:05 PM   
Tanaka

Especially the Dardanelles Coastal Guns for the Ottomans which is very historical. Have the Devs seen these video series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWnDHzz_ZIk&list=PLsv6IgUEHAv_cSqIYPI4eHsU2OMOf1__B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckaEw01_Gko&list=PLsv6IgUEHAv9MYCowcsJUIcve6b0Jgl4M

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 5/8/2021 5:34:39 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Balkans Variation Mod: Lots of great ideas here! - 5/11/2021 1:30:58 AM   
Chernobyl

Did you change the location of Austria's starting corps in Galicia? Because in the video they seem to arrive at impossible locations for turn #1 unless you railroaded them, which Crow says was not allowed in your game.

In any case I don't understand why he didn't attack them. I moved Austrian corps to similar locations in turn 1 and ended the turn, then obliterated two of them on Russia's first turn. No entrenchment, no general vs Brusilov means they get hurt bad.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: Balkans Variation Mod: Lots of great ideas here! - 5/11/2021 2:58:48 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Especially the Dardanelles Coastal Guns for the Ottomans which is very historical. Have the Devs seen these video series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWnDHzz_ZIk&list=PLsv6IgUEHAv_cSqIYPI4eHsU2OMOf1__B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckaEw01_Gko&list=PLsv6IgUEHAv9MYCowcsJUIcve6b0Jgl4M

It was me and mdsmall...and there was a bunch of fubar all the way around, so we ended it. He's working on a ver 5 of that mod...and I will give it a check out in the future. :)

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
RE: Balkans Variation Mod: Lots of great ideas here! - 5/11/2021 6:01:31 AM   
mdsmall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chernobyl

Did you change the location of Austria's starting corps in Galicia? Because in the video they seem to arrive at impossible locations for turn #1 unless you railroaded them, which Crow says was not allowed in your game.

Hi Chernobyl

No, in writing this mod, I did not change the starting location of any CP units. However, in combination with a house rule that neither side would sell tech chits on the first turn, I gave Austria-Hungary and Russia 44 MPPs each to start and Germany 60 MPPs. This allows the Austro-Hungarians and the Russians to operationally move two corps on their first turn, and the Germans three corps plus a detachment. That explains how the Austrian units arrived in those locations. (Whether that is a smart move is another question.)

After we started play-testing a mod, I found a small glitch in a DE I had written to give the Russians fall-back mobilization locations, so we suspended the game. At the same time, the new patch came out (which corrected that problem), so I re-wrote the mod on the basis of the 1.05 version of the game. The updated version contains new decision events affecting Serbia, Greece and Turkey in which are the basis for its name. But it uses all the new settings in the 1.05 patch for Montenegro and Russia.

If you are interested in checking it out, I would be happy to share it with you or anyone else who would like to play-test it.

Cheers,

Michael

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 4
RE: Balkans Variation Mod: Lots of great ideas here! - 5/11/2021 8:33:16 AM   
shri

Can you share the mod with me? would be interested to BETA test it in conjunction with anyone here. Looks very interesting and solves the "Russia first" Q to some extent.

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 5
RE: Balkans Variation Mod: Lots of great ideas here! - 5/12/2021 5:36:41 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

I have ver 5...looks good. Now to test drive this baby..again!

(in reply to shri)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Balkans Variation Mod: Lots of great ideas here! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI