[Resolved] CMO v1.03 not fully loading

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Fido81

[Resolved] CMO v1.03 not fully loading

Post by Fido81 »

Congrats to the Command development team on the v1.03 release!

Unfortunately, CMO 1.03.114723 is not fully loading on my machine. When I press "Play" on Steam, the CMO launcher appears promptly. When I press "Play" on the launcher, the game starts loading. However, the game is still showing the loading screen ("Loading, please wait...") 10 minutes later. I recall 1.02 took less than 2 minutes to load earlier this week, and that was if I was running other programs at the same time.

I have a Steam installation of the game, and am running 64-bit Windows 10 Home on a Yoga C740 laptop. I ran the Steam tool to verify the integrity of game files, and it said I wasn't missing any. I've also tried rebooting Steam and the PC, installing the remaining updates to the OS, and uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

Is this a known issue? What else should I be trying to resolve it?
Dimitris

RE: CMO v1.03 not fully loading

Post by Dimitris »

Hi,

Someone on Steam reported a similar issue together with a solution: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1076160/ ... 5331859673

Can you give it a try ?
Fido81

Post by Fido81 »

That was it. Thanks!
dburchfield2000

Post by dburchfield2000 »

I am having the same issue. Everything worked fine until I upgraded to v.103. I checked the DPI settings per this thread, and updated all video drivers.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: dburchfield2000

I am having the same issue. Everything worked fine until I upgraded to v.103. I checked the DPI settings per this thread, and updated all video drivers.

Can you try the same: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1076160/ ... 5331859673

If that doesn't work, let's go through the usual suspects:

* Is the OS fully updated? Graphics drivers updated? Direct-X 9 installed?
* Is Command running as admin? (ie. prompting you "are you sure you want to run this program" when you launch it)
* (Steam only) Are Steam overlays disabled for Command?
* (Steam only) Is Direct-Write disabled on the Steam client?
* Are all other applications (and especially hardware-helper apps like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner etc.) shut down?
* Are you using a high-DPI desktop? (ie. font size >100%)
* Are you using Norton antivirus? (This POS is very frequently silently blocking file updates)
dburchfield2000

* Is the OS fully updated? Graphics drivers updated? Direct-X 9 installed? yes
* Is Command running as admin? (ie. prompting you "are you sure you want to run this program" when you launch it) yes
* Are all other applications (and especially hardware-helper apps like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner etc.) shut down? yes
* Are you using a high-DPI desktop? (ie. font size >100%) no
* Are you using Norton antivirus? (This POS is very frequently silently blocking file updates) no

I re-installed in a new directory. Version 1.00 works fine. Update to 1.01 works fine. Couldnt find 1.02 but updated to 1.03 and the game hangs on the please wait screen. The screen is animating but it never gets past it. What is different about how 1.03 loads? Is there a debug exe available that logs the startup process so I can see how far it gets before hanging? Thanks for your help.
KnightHawk75

Post by KnightHawk75 »

ORIGINAL: dburchfield2000

* Is the OS fully updated? Graphics drivers updated? Direct-X 9 installed? yes
* Is Command running as admin? (ie. prompting you "are you sure you want to run this program" when you launch it) yes
* Are all other applications (and especially hardware-helper apps like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner etc.) shut down? yes
* Are you using a high-DPI desktop? (ie. font size >100%) no
* Are you using Norton antivirus? (This POS is very frequently silently blocking file updates) no

I re-installed in a new directory. Version 1.00 works fine. Update to 1.01 works fine. Couldnt find 1.02 but updated to 1.03 and the game hangs on the please wait screen. The screen is animating but it never gets past it. What is different about how 1.03 loads? Is there a debug exe available that logs the startup process so I can see how far it gets before hanging? Thanks for your help.

Your <<CMOInstallpath>>\Logs\ExceptionLog.txt will log major points during the load process (along with exceptions that may be thrown), it may give you some indication of how far it's getting in the process. "Finished MainForm_Shown." would be the last thing usually mentioned when all is going well.

dburchfield2000

Here is a section of the exception log from the previous version that loaded completely. The log is dated 11/5/2019 for some reason.
Successfully loaded Sim Configuration.

Showing splash screen.

Initialization started.

Starting initializing Sim Core.

Successfully started database scan.

Successfully loaded terrain grids and initialized store.

Successfully created Sim World.

Done initializing Sim Core.

Successfully initialized Sim Core.

Successfully loaded Lua UI Handlers.

Successfully created new game.

Successfully set database hash value.

Successfully completed Set Current Scenario.

Successfully initialized Lua.

Successfully created scenario.

Initialization completed.

Wait for terrain to load.

Terrain loaded.

Desired DPI scaling method: Application

DPI scaling is 100%. Setting scaling mode on Mainform to None for performance reasons and disabling AutoSize so that the Mainform window can be resized.

Starting loading MainForm.

Configured MainForm working area

License: Command full version

Configured range ring colors

Done loading MainForm.

Calling MainForm_Shown.

Populated CanalList.

Added World Window panel.

Built database list.

Preparing Wold Window.

Preparing BMNGv2.

Preparing BMNGv2 done.

Preparing ReliefMap.

Preparing ReliefMap done.

Preparing SHP_ColdWar.

Preparing SHP_ColdWar done.

Preparing SHP_NewWorldOrder.

Preparing SHP_NewWorldOrder done.

Preparing SHP_Ice_Arctic.

Preparing SHP_Ice_Arctic done.

Preparing MapScaleLayer.

Preparing MapScaleLayer done.

Preparing PlacenameSets.

Preparing PlacenameSets done.

Preparing CommandLayer.

Preparing CommandLayer done.

Preparing Wold Window done.

Prepared Wold Window.

Calling MainForm_Shown: Show window.

Closed splash screen.

Showed Start Game window.

Finished MainForm_Shown.
dburchfield2000

Here is a section of the log that shows failures. Maybe there is a clue in there.

5/29/2018 2:08:26 PM -- B1010 -- Method not found: 'Void SlippyMap.SlippyTilesLayer..ctor(System.String, .?, System.String, System.String, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Drawing.Color>, Int32)'.
Exception: Method not found: 'Void SlippyMap.SlippyTilesLayer..ctor(System.String, .?, System.String, System.String, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Drawing.Color>, Int32)'.
Stack Trace: at Command.MainForm.()
at Command.MainForm.()
at Command.MainForm.&#128;()
Call Stack & Error details:
Error at 200519, Method not found: 'Void SlippyMap.SlippyTilesLayer..ctor(System.String, .?, System.String, System.String, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Drawing.Color>, Int32)'.

5/29/2018 2:08:26 PM -- B1010 -- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Command.MainForm.(Int32 )
Error at 200123, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

5/29/2018 2:08:26 PM -- B1010 -- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Command.MainForm.(Boolean MustRender, GeoPoint value)
Error at 200124, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Command.MainForm.(Int32 )
Error at 200123, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Showing splash screen.

Initialization started.

5/29/2018 2:20:21 PM -- B1010 -- An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v1.1.4322' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.
Exception: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v1.1.4322' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.
Stack Trace: at &#135;...[T](T )
at &#135;...()
at Command.Client.()
Inner Exception: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v1.1.4322' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.
Inner StackTrace: at Command.MainForm..ctor()
Error at 200576, An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v1.1.4322' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.

5/29/2018 2:20:21 PM -- B1010 -- Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v1.1.4322' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.
Exception: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v1.1.4322' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.
Stack Trace: at &#136;..(Object , UnhandledExceptionEventArgs )
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.raise_UnhandledException(Object sender, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnUnhandledException(UnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnUnhandledExceptionEventAdaptor(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at &#135;..(Object , StartupEventArgs )
Error at 200575, Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v1.1.4322' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.

Showing splash screen.

Initialization started.

5/29/2018 2:20:40 PM -- B1010 -- An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Provide value on 'System.Windows.Baml2006.TypeConverterMarkupExtension' threw an exception.
Exception: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Provide value on 'System.Windows.Baml2006.TypeConverterMarkupExtension' threw an exception.
at &#135;...()
at Command.Client.()
Inner Exception: Provide value on 'System.Windows.Baml2006.TypeConverterMarkupExtension' threw an exception.
Inner StackTrace: at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
at Command.RightColumnWPF.InitializeComponent()
at Command.RightColumnWPF..ctor()
at Command.MainForm.()
at Command.MainForm..ctor()
Error at 200576, An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Provide value on 'System.Windows.Baml2006.TypeConverterMarkupExtension' threw an exception.

Showing splash screen.

Initialization started.

5/29/2018 2:23:28 PM -- B1010 -- An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Exception: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at &#135;...()
at Command.Client.()
Inner Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Inner StackTrace: at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
at Command.RightColumnWPF.InitializeComponent()
at Command.RightColumnWPF..ctor()
at Command.MainForm.()
at Command.MainForm..ctor()
Error at 200576, An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

5/29/2018 3:22:18 PM -- B1010 -- Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error! Message: can not change the library path because the file "D:\Command\_CurrentSource\Release_vNext\7z.dll" does not exist.
Exception: Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error! Message: can not change the library path because the file "D:\Command\_CurrentSource\Release_vNext\7z.dll" does not exist.
Stack Trace: at SevenZip.SevenZipLibraryManager.SetLibraryPath(String libraryPath)
at Command_Core.GameGeneral.CoreInitialize(Boolean CustomDBsEnabled) in D:\Command\_CurrentSource\CommandCiv\Command_Core\GameGeneral.vb:line 313
Error at 200577, Can not load 7-zip library or internal COM error! Message: can not change the library path because the file "D:\Command\_CurrentSource\Release_vNext\7z.dll" does not exist.

thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Based on this thread. I think you need to clarify which game you are trying to install.
KnightHawk75

Post by KnightHawk75 »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Based on this thread. I think you need to clarify which game you are trying to install.

Yup that would be helpful.

@dburchfield2000 -
posting errors that occurred in 2018, is not going to be that fruitful, vs results from actual current attempts.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

dburchfield2000. Just to clarify: Are you trying to update Command Modern Air and Naval Operations (CMANO) or Command Modern Operations (CMO)? They are different games, and I'm wondering if this is possibly causing some of the confusion.
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
WSBot

Post by WSBot »

Hi guys,

This thread is several years old and is just going to confuse the dev who picks this issue up. I'm locking it to avoid further confusing the issue.

dburchfield2000 please create a fresh forum topic to report your issue. There's some useful information here to ensure you get a quick resolution:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4739459
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4914786

Return to “Tech Support”