v1.05.00 of Strategic Command WWI has arrived.
The details of everything this update changes can be found below:
GAME ENGINE CHANGES
- Fixed a controlled unit movement error that led to a CTD when attempting to end the move along several hidden enemy units (EQFL_Sapare).
- Fixed an error that did not properly allow Kamikaze attacks to damage adjacent enemy units. Normally a Kamikaze attack has a 25% chance of also damaging an adjacent naval unit by 1 strengtg point.
- Fixed an outstanding issue that still did not allow some Free units to upgrade relative to their current controlling major nation (Gilber).
- Fixed an issue where upon surrender, FREE naval units were being bumped out of non surrendering territorial ports (Gilber).
- Fixed an Amphibious Transport error that did not reduce movement action points when the amphibious transport moved adjacent to an enemy capital ship that then attacked it (EQFL_Sapare).
- Fixed a rare CTD that would occur when attempting to place a new unit right at the start of your turn.
- Fixed an issue where Special Forces amphibious transports would auto load into a dead end Land + Sea enemy hex (rocketman71).
- Fixed an error where Subs caught in ice could increase their action points > 1 by switching modes (APrusty).
- Fixed an error where if a Transport unit was selected, the Operational Action buttons would sometimes not be clickable (ruskicanuk).
- Fixed an error where the game engine would incorrectly move a currently occupied capital to its previous location if liberated. Now the capital will not move back unless the current capital is also liberated (EQFL_Sapare).
- Purchase screen no longer has a unit pre-selected to help avoid accidental purchases when clicking the Purchase or Production button (rocketman71).
- Mods with zero cost units can now have units upgraded and purchased (stalkerbrumikcz).
- Enemy targets and estimated losses for fully visible units/resources can now be highlighted when selecting a friendly unit to attack via the OPTIONS->ADVANCED settings.
- Units can now be put to sleep for one turn via the Sleep Tool mouse hover and pressing the space bar instead of a left mouse button click (EQFL_Sapare).
- Units set to sleep will now also be skipped by the AI when it is controlling friendly countries and units on your turn (EQFL_Sapare).
- Left mouse button click will still perform the regular 'sleep' function.
- Units set to sleep for one turn will have this indicated with a black dot instead of a white dot which indicates regular 'sleep'.
- Naval units can now have a maximum supply that matches the max port strength providing supply, previously naval units were capped at 10 supply even if a port provided 12 supply. All other naval supply rules remain the same, e.g. a 5 strength port can still provide maximum 10 supply to naval units.
- Air units will now gain maximum supply from any source, so long as they are attached to an HQ (Pocus).
- Supply map overlay will now display any mismatched supply values, e.g. if a unit has less than the overlay value, it will show in brackets in red alongside with the overlay value.
- Improved AI HQ amphibious landings where the AI will actively try and land in a pocket of friendly units and not next to enemy unit positions if possible (Mithrilotter).
- AI scripts can now be accessed in the OPTIONS->ADVANCED->SCRIPTS screen via 'Advanced (AI)' for review as well as to disable any disagreable planning events.
- AI will now consider the belligerence status of a potential Amphibious invasion goal position to avoid potential invasions when not at war with the target position, as applicable to custom mods (wobbleguts).
- HQ supply rules, plus boosting/linking rules recap:
- HQ units, after amphibiously unloading, start at supply equal to 5 + their current level of Amphibious Warfare technology. Supply will drop 2 supply points per turn after that. This allows the HQ to act as a Mulberry for an initial landing until further supply sources are achieved.
- HQ distribution supply:
- HQ supply = 0 will have a distribution supply value of 3 (previously it was 5).
- HQ supply 1 or 2 will have a distribution supply value of 5.
- HQ supply 3 or 4 will have a distribution supply value of 6 (previously it was 8).
- HQ supply 5 will have a distribution supply value of 8.
- HQ supply > 5 will have a distribution supply value of 10.
- HQ boosting can only be achieved if the first HQ has a supply value >= 3 (previously it was > 0).
- The HQ to be boosted must have a supply value < 5 and is now automatically increased to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 8.
- This will improve distribution supply for boosted HQs that were at 3 or 4 supply (from 6 to 8), and more importantly, will allow them to 'operate' and 'upgrade' now that they are at 5 supply.
- LOW SUPPLY HQ boosting can only be achieved if the source HQ has a supply value >= 1 and < 3.
- The HQ to be boosted must have a supply value < 3 and is now automatically increased to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 6.
- Between two HQs, the higher rated HQ receives the boost, the lower rated HQ is the source of the boost.
- Source HQs of a supply boost to another HQ are now highlighted with a yellow hex outline, indicating they are the source of the supply boost, when clicking on the recipient HQ.
- Air units do not receive supply from an HQ unless they are attached.
- Under supplied Air units, due to not being attached to an HQ, will be indicated by a red hatch beneath the applicable Air unit.
- Under supplied Air units, attached to an HQ but not to the most optimal supply giving HQ, will be indicated by a purple hatch beneath the applicable Air unit.
- WWI Tanks will no longer be able to enter a mountain hex unless there is a road (stockwellpete).
- Any references to .wav files in the scripts have been changed to .ogg (CaesarAug).
- Colonial Corps’ Mobility upgrades corrected (EQFL_Sapare).
- Research tool tip for Artillery Weapons now includes its de-entrenchment increments (EQFL_Sapare).
1914 March on Paris
- Base German income increased from 175 to 180 MPPs a turn.
1914 March on Paris; 1918 Ludendorff Offensive
- Some German AI Unit scripts added.
- Added an Entente Decisive Victory condition for the Entente capturing Strasbourg, Köln and Coblenz (Iwarmonger).
1914 Call to Arms; 1914 Triple Alliance; 1917 Fate of Nations
- Subs now have Naval Defense 1, while Destroyers Sub attack has been increased from 1 to 2 (Chernobyl).
- Removed the railway between Cetinje and Ragusa (OldCrowBalthazor).
- Changed the Condition Position on dummy DE 28 for the Ottomans leaving the war, and unlinked the relevant National Morale scripts from any DE in 1917 Fate of Nations (Dazo).
- Added a second capital to Montenegro in Pec, so that it does not surrender when Cetinje falls (mdsmall).
- Warsaw changed from a Secondary Supply Center to a Primary Supply Center so that if the routes east of Poland via Lutsk and Brest-Litovsk are cut, Russian supply doesn’t plummet. However, this does not allow the deployment of newly purchased units within this zone if it is cut off.
- Amended the Variable Condition in most Territory scripts triggered by Russia’s National Morale falling to zero so that new states will be formed, including the Ukraine, which will therefore be able to export grain to Germany (Disturbed).
- Added a HQ and Corps to the Spanish army (EQFL_Sapare).
1914 Call to Arms; 1914 Triple Alliance
- The Russian Garrison of Grodno has been increased to starting strength 6 with Ground Cover level 3.
- All Russian Unit mobilization scripts now have at least three alternative deployment locations and the Evert HQ should no longer spawn so close to the front line (mdsmall; OldCrowBalthazor).
- If Brest-Litovsk has fallen to the Central Powers by mid-September then a new dummy Decision 429 will ensure that the two Caucasian Mountain Corps will mobilize at Alexandropol and Tiflis (mdsmall).
- German Thorn Detachment’s starting Ground Cover value increased from 1 to 3 (Tendraline).
- Canadian Corps DE 116 changed from Type=3 to Type= 1 so that it will fire once the UK and Canada have entered the war, if they have not already done so by the 10th October 1914 (mdsmall).
- Mobilization_2 script triggering Albania’s entrance into the war on the side of the Entente is no longer contingent on Montenegro’s situation (mdsmall).
- If Cetinje falls then a French convoy can now send supplies to Serbia via Salonika Port.
- Increased the initial strength of the Cetinje Detachment from 7 to 10 (stockwellpete).
- Serbian Decisions 423 & 424 will now be presented at the beginning of the Entente’s turn (mdsmall).
- The Greek Unit script deploying their HQ Danglis can now fire from the start of the game if its trigger conditions are met (marionmco).
- Graudenz Detachment deployed at Graudenz (Chernobyl).
- Russian Garrison unit deployed at Vilna (Chernobyl).
- The Info only Morrocan Partisan script has been corrected so that it will show a symbol indicating that a Partisan unit can spawn there (EQFL_Sapare).
- An Entente declaration of war against Belgium if the UK is neutral will now swing the UK by 25-35% away from the Entente (Dazo).
Nice patch! The Balkans are looking good! We got subs now! Woohoo!