Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.09.00] Minor bug with Scavenging Community

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09.00] Minor bug with Scavenging Community Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.09.00] Minor bug with Scavenging Community - 5/4/2021 10:10:49 PM   
Peresvet

Looks like Scavenging Community doesn't consume Scavenge Points when producing private metal and private oil. For instance, I have a ruin hex with 4614 Scav pts. Next turn the community produces 47 metal, 25 private metal, 18 fuel, 25 private fuel and 10 private credits. In this case the remaining scavenging points (4539) are reduced only by (47 + 18 + 10) = 75. Looks like the production of 25 private metal and 25 private fuel is ignored. I believe that the intention is that they should also reduce remaining scavenging points, as it is the case with the private oil well.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.09.00] Minor bug with Scavenging Community - 5/15/2021 11:59:46 AM   
BlueTemplar

With the current game balance, that's a good thing, as otherwise there aren't that many reasons to keep the Scavenging Community (especially since it can't be upgraded !)

Are you *sure* that is not also the case with the Oil Well Community ?

(in reply to Peresvet)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.09.00] Minor bug with Scavenging Community - 5/15/2021 5:10:20 PM   
zgrssd

There has never been a reason to keep teh Scavenging Community. Nationalizing it to gain the Rare Metals produciton is a no-brainer.

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.09.00] Minor bug with Scavenging Community - 5/16/2021 1:27:08 PM   
BlueTemplar

That's a balance (?) issue with "rare" earths being too expensive at start despite the fact that there's no demand for them !

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.09.00] Minor bug with Scavenging Community - 5/17/2021 9:24:12 PM   
Peresvet

quote:

Are you *sure* that is not also the case with the Oil Well Community ?

Yes, I'm sure. Feel free to check it yourself.

I am not sure what is the right way (in terms of balance) to implement private mining assets, but I am sure that the implementation should be consistent across all mining assets. So, there's either a bug in private oil wells or in private scavengers.

However, it indeed looks weird that private scavengers don't produce rare earth metals and that resource/scavenging points are spent on "production" of private credits. It looks like private assets in SE are highly inefficient in many ways. However, it is widely believed that in real world the private business is significantly more efficient.

I think a reasonable approach would be to have an extra bonus for private mining assets, so that for example they could extract 1250 fuel from a hex with 1000 fuel resource points, and produce some private credits for free (without spending resource points on private credits).

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 5
RE: [1.09.00] Minor bug with Scavenging Community - 5/20/2021 10:20:31 AM   
Vic

Agreed. Fixing for next open beta.

privateMetal + privateOil where not being reduced.

(privateCredits neither, but that is intended)

Thanks for being sharp on the details.

best,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 5/20/2021 10:22:30 AM >

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Peresvet)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09.00] Minor bug with Scavenging Community Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI