Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Answered] Desert Storm DLC - Units moving in Scud Hunt scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Answered] Desert Storm DLC - Units moving in Scud Hunt scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Answered] Desert Storm DLC - Units moving in Scud Hunt... - 5/4/2021 1:41:00 PM   
Lowlaner2012

I have picked the game back up after a long break, I started the Scud hunting scenario in the first gulf war DLC...

The problem I am coming up against is that anything on the Iraqi side that is mobile is charging towards me, mobile radars and all sorts, are crossing the border and heading towards the nearest enemy bases or units...

Has anybody else come across this, how do I fix it?

I am on the latest build..

Thanks

< Message edited by WSBot -- 5/4/2021 9:56:37 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Question? - 5/4/2021 1:46:43 PM   
stilesw

Hi Stef,

Consider that perhaps they are supposed to be doing that with the intent of capturing things on the Coalition side. Try letting the scenario play out with appropriate responses.

-WS

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 2
RE: Question? - 5/4/2021 2:18:40 PM   
Lowlaner2012

Thanks for the reply Stilesw, I don't think that can be right, when I say every unit I mean SAMS, surveillance units, all heading south out of Iraq and into Saudi Arabia, how could they capture a base? why would they reveal themselves like that...

it doesnt make any sense...

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 3
RE: Question? - 5/4/2021 2:32:55 PM   
stilesw

Stef,

Let me do some checking.

-Wayne

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 4
RE: Question? - 5/4/2021 4:04:21 PM   
stilesw

Stef,

Found out what's happening. Many of the various mobile units are grouped: For example Iraq's EW Control Center South consists of 15 units.

When the scenario is started the various units proceed to specific locations as defined in the formation editor. They are not attacking but are moving as directed. Most end their journey within Iraq but a few will attempt to infiltrate into Coalition controlled areas and should be considered targets of opportunity when found.

Many of these units will not be readily visible when playing the scenario in Campaign mode or as a standalone not in editor mode. If you do play in editor mode you can enter Iraq's side and halt all the movement but that my result in some unintended consequences.

Hope this helps.

-Wayne

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Answered] Desert Storm DLC - Units moving in Scud Hunt scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI