Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple of observations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> A couple of observations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple of observations - 4/30/2021 10:56:57 PM   
taffjones

HQ's set to Auto-Attach are still picking Garrison units behind the lines and leaving Army's/Corps on the frontline unattached. I thought this had been addressed in a previous patch.

Also India can still research Navel Weapons and Anti-Sub Warfare but can't build any Navel units. I think they should be blanked out of the research for India, so new or inexperienced players don't waste much needed MPP's on tech's that can't be used.
Post #: 1
RE: A couple of observations - 5/1/2021 8:12:24 PM   
LoneRunner

Hey Taff,
At the start of a game I take all my HQs off Auto and switch them to Auto-Assist. You are right, Auto doesn't work that well and besides the AI doesn't know that you plan to upgrade that tank this turn and use that corps in an attack. You are much more efficient at attaching units to an HQ than any AI could hope to be.

At the beginning of each turn before you move or upgrade any units get in the habit of clicking on each HQ and verifying that the proper units are attached. It's a pretty quick process and actually helps you plan your move. Also Auto-Assist has a cool feature where if you click on the HQ all the un-attached units within range are tinted blue. That way you can spot attachment problems with just a glance.

Don't use the manual setting for HQs. With manual the AI will not attach another unit if an attached unit moves out of range. You may end up with only four units attached to an HQ and not realize you have an open slot. With Auto-Assist the AI will grab something and fill the open slot. Better than leaving it empty.

Lone

< Message edited by LoneRunner -- 5/1/2021 8:26:24 PM >

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 2
RE: A couple of observations - 5/3/2021 7:23:57 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: taffjones

HQ's set to Auto-Attach are still picking Garrison units behind the lines and leaving Army's/Corps on the frontline unattached. I thought this had been addressed in a previous patch.

Hi Taffjones,

I've just retested this on my end and I'm having a hard time repeating this, e.g. as I shuffle units around the HQ on 'Auto' is still prioritizing non Garrison units in its attachments.

Is it possible in your game the units you wanted to have attached to your HQ were not already attached to another HQ or out of range?

If not, and there is a game I could look at I'd be happy to take a closer look.

Hubert

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 5/3/2021 7:24:26 PM >

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> A couple of observations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI