Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Port Supply Interdiction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Port Supply Interdiction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Port Supply Interdiction - 4/30/2021 3:06:59 AM   
canuckgamer

On page 56 of the manual it indicates that air units have to be within 8 hexes to interdict port supply. On page 84 it says 10 hexes for air units. Which one is correct or are am I somehow misunderstanding this?

I thought I read somewhere that if enemy naval units are adjacent to an friendly port no supply convoys get through so the stockpile is not replenished but couldn't find the rule. Is this what happens when enemy naval units are adjacent to a friendly port being used for supply?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Port Supply Interdiction - 4/30/2021 10:24:52 AM   
AlvaroSousa

8 range. I'll fix manual.

As for the other the question is confusing why would friendly ships block supply?

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Port Supply Interdiction - 4/30/2021 3:05:22 PM   
canuckgamer

Sorry I guess I wasn't very clear with my question. I am the Allies. If I move a naval fleet adjacent to Tobruk which is currently held by the Axis does that prevent all supply convoys from replenishing it's stockpile?

I also posted this question.

In North Africa the Axis have two aircraft in range of a beach that I want to invade. If I were to attack those airfields with my air before trying the invasion would those air units still be able to intercept? Secondly if I move CV's in range of the beach would they have an effect on Axis air units trying to intercept? Kind of a CAP for the invading unit(s).

In regards to my test attack on a port I will check to see if the fleets were in raider mode.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 3
RE: Port Supply Interdiction - 4/30/2021 4:41:02 PM   
AlvaroSousa

It prevents X number of supply stockpile from arriving there. You can bring that down to zero. But the units will have basic supply because some always gets through for food and water. So their gain will be 3% instead of 18% + HQ bonus which makes a huge difference in combat.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 4
RE: Port Supply Interdiction - 4/30/2021 4:57:23 PM   
canuckgamer

Alvaro as always, thank you for your prompt reply. The other question I had as per above is:

In North Africa the Axis have two aircraft in range of a beach that I want to invade. If I were to attack those airfields with my air before trying the invasion would those air units still be able to intercept? Secondly if I move CV's in range of the beach would they have an effect on Axis air units trying to intercept? Kind of a CAP for the invading unit(s).

I am waiting for this replay before finishing my PBEM move.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Port Supply Interdiction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI