Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Generic data TOE Errors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Data / Map Issues >> Generic data TOE Errors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Generic data TOE Errors - 4/24/2021 1:16:22 PM   
antwniago

Whilst editing the Finnish forces I noticed that eight of the units have the wrong TOEs in the generic data:

10th/11th/14th/15th Fin Art Bns are set to TOE 325 which is the German static div 41
1st/2nd/3rd/4th Fin Heavy AA Bns are set to TOE 326 which is the German static Div 43

There are also a number for German Infantry, Light, Mountain Cavalry, SS Mot Divs that are set to TOEs that are empty in all cases the correct TOE appears to be 1-5 rows further up.
Post #: 1
RE: Generic data TOE Errors - 4/24/2021 2:04:39 PM   
MechFO

Those units are ok in my game and in a fresh 41 campaign.

Are you talking about a specific scenario or did you maybe mess around with the TOE's? If you delete a TOE entry all follow on entries shift up. Really not recommended to delete anything there.

< Message edited by MechFO -- 4/24/2021 2:05:27 PM >

(in reply to antwniago)
Post #: 2
RE: Generic data TOE Errors - 4/24/2021 2:54:31 PM   
antwniago

I am not aware of deleting anything, The only amendment I made in the generic data was to point the 8 Finnish units to the correct TOE. I thought as you have said if anything were deleted it would impact all after that but it only seems some units are in correct but only in generic units not in the scenario.

Just in case I did delete something I have created a new clean install of the game and opened the generic data from that and as per the screenshot below the Finnish 10th 11th 14th and 15th Art Bn show as static divisions as I found before the first time and I have only opened the data nothing else. (it is the same foe AA and the German divisions.)

The 41 campaign scenario shows perfectly fine.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 3
RE: Generic data TOE Errors - 4/24/2021 3:32:20 PM   
MechFO

EDIT: I see the generic unit data has a totally different setup to the scenario unit data.

I also see this in generic, but the scenarios are different and load correctly.

< Message edited by MechFO -- 4/24/2021 3:35:29 PM >

(in reply to antwniago)
Post #: 4
RE: Generic data TOE Errors - 4/24/2021 3:56:08 PM   
Denniss

units and air unit in generic data are irrelevant as they are not used in scenarios with this setup.

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 5
RE: Generic data TOE Errors - 4/24/2021 4:37:27 PM   
antwniago

Cheers for confirmation of that. It was only the eight Finnish units I had a problem with as initially they couldn't be found due the incorrect TOE. I was duplicating the Finnish units orbat and locations onto the map from the generic data (seemed the quickest way to get the information) for a test scenario.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 6
RE: Generic data TOE Errors - 4/24/2021 6:51:57 PM   
Great_Ajax

Yeah, the generic unit list isn't used for anything and hasn't be updated in years. I build all of my campaigns and scenarios starting with 1941 Campaign data.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: antwniago

Cheers for confirmation of that. It was only the eight Finnish units I had a problem with as initially they couldn't be found due the incorrect TOE. I was duplicating the Finnish units orbat and locations onto the map from the generic data (seemed the quickest way to get the information) for a test scenario.

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

(in reply to antwniago)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Data / Map Issues >> Generic data TOE Errors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI