An update is now available for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe. Check out the full changelog below.
The patch can be downloaded from here.
GAME ENGINE CHANGES
- Fixed a controlled unit movement error that led to a CTD when attempting to end the move along several hidden enemy units (EQFL_Sapare).
- Fixed an error that did not properly allow Kamikaze attacks to damage adjacent enemy units. Normally a Kamikaze attack has a 25% chance of also damaging an adjacent naval unit by 1 strength point.
- Fixed an outstanding issue that still did not allow some Free units to upgrade relative to their current controlling major nation (Gilber).
- Fixed an issue where upon surrender, FREE naval units were being bumped out of non surrendering territorial ports (Gilber).
- Fixed an Amphibious Transport error that did not reduce movement action points when the amphibious transport moved adjacent to an enemy capital ship that then attacked it (EQFL_Sapare).
- Fixed a rare CTD that would occur when attempting to place a new unit right at the start of your turn.
- Fixed an issue where Special Forces amphibious transports would auto load into a dead end Land + Sea enemy hex (rocketman71).
- Fixed an error where Subs caught in ice could increase their action points > 1 by switching modes (APrusty).
- Fixed an error where if a Transport unit was selected, the Operational Action buttons would sometimes not be clickable (ruskicanuk).
- Fixed an error that prevented Axis players from being able to shift the Murmansk convoy to Arkhangelsk when cutting off the applicable rail line running from Murmansk to Belomorsk (Aprusty).
- Fixed an error where the game engine would incorrectly move a currently occupied capital to its previous location if liberated. Now the capital will not move back unless the current capital is also liberated (EQFL_Sapare).
- Purchase screen no longer has a unit pre-selected to help avoid accidental purchases when clicking the Purchase or Production button (rocketman71).
- Mods with zero cost units can now have units upgraded and purchased (stalkerbrumikcz).
- Enemy targets and estimated losses for fully visible units/resources can now be highlighted when selecting a friendly unit to attack via the OPTIONS->ADVANCED settings.
- Units can now be put to sleep for one turn via the Sleep Tool mouse hover and pressing the space bar instead of a left mouse button click (EQFL_Sapare).
- Units set to sleep will now also be skipped by the AI when it is controlling friendly countries and units on your turn (EQFL_Sapare).
- Left mouse button click will still perform the regular 'sleep' function.
- Units set to sleep for one turn will have this indicated with a black dot instead of a white dot which indicates regular 'sleep'.
- Naval units can now have a maximum supply that matches the max port strength providing supply, previously naval units were capped at 10 supply even if a port provided 12 supply. All other naval supply rules remain the same, e.g. a 5 strength port can still provide maximum 10 supply to naval units.
- Air units will now gain maximum supply from any source, so long as they are attached to an HQ (Pocus).
- Supply map overlay will now display any mismatched supply values, e.g. if a unit has less than the overlay value, it will show in brackets in red alongside with the overlay value.
- Improved AI HQ amphibious landings where the AI will actively try and land in a pocket of friendly units and not next to enemy unit positions if possible (Mithrilotter).
- AI scripts can now be accessed in the OPTIONS->ADVANCED->SCRIPTS screen via 'Advanced (AI)' for review as well as to disable any disagreeable planning events.
- AI will now consider the belligerence status of a potential Amphibious invasion goal position to avoid potential invasions when not at war with the target position, as applicable to custom mods (wobbleguts).
- HQ supply rules, plus boosting/linking rules recap:
- HQ units, after amphibiously unloading, start at supply equal to 5 + their current level of Amphibious Warfare technology. Supply will drop 2 supply points per turn after that. This allows the HQ to act as a Mulberry for an initial landing until further supply sources are achieved.
- HQ distribution supply:
- HQ supply = 0 will have a distribution supply value of 3 (previously it was 5).
- HQ supply 1 or 2 will have a distribution supply value of 5.
- HQ supply 3 or 4 will have a distribution supply value of 6 (previously it was 8).
- HQ supply 5 will have a distribution supply value of 8.
- HQ supply > 5 will have a distribution supply value of 10.
- HQ boosting can only be achieved if the first HQ has a supply value >= 3 (previously it was > 0).
- The HQ to be boosted must have a supply value < 5 and is now automatically increased to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 8.
- This will improve distribution supply for boosted HQs that were at 3 or 4 supply (from 6 to 8), and more importantly, will allow them to 'operate' and 'upgrade' now that they are at 5 supply.
- LOW SUPPLY HQ boosting can only be achieved if the source HQ has a supply value >= 1 and < 3.
- The HQ to be boosted must have a supply value < 3 and is now automatically increased to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 6.
- Between two HQs, the higher rated HQ receives the boost, the lower rated HQ is the source of the boost.
- Source HQs of a supply boost to another HQ are now highlighted with a yellow hex outline, indicating they are the source of the supply boost, when clicking on the recipient HQ.
- Air units do not receive supply from an HQ unless they are attached.
- Under supplied Air units, due to not being attached to an HQ, will be indicated by a red hatch beneath the applicable Air unit.
- Under supplied Air units, attached to an HQ but not to the most optimal supply giving HQ, will be indicated by a purple hatch beneath the applicable Air unit.
- The following have been adjusted from 5 point increments to 1 point increments for more precision when customizing campaigns (Elessar2).
- Combat Target Data, Raid Multiplier (MPPs), Enemy NM Losses (Per Raid)
- Upgrade Increments Data (per research level), Raid Multiplier (MPPs), Enemy NM Losses (Per Raid)
- Automatic Increments Data (per research level), Raid Multiplier (MPPs), Enemy NM Losses (Per Raid)
- Strength/Reinforce/Reformation Data, % Cost Per Reinforcement Point, % Cost Per Elite Reinforcement Point
- France's starting MPPs increased from 75 to 90.
- French 2nd Army at Verdun and 9th Army at 155,82 increased in strength from 5 to 8, 1st Army at 153,81 increased in strength from 5 to 6, XLIV Corps at Epinal; IX Corps at Belfort increased in strength from 5 to 6. This is the equivalent of 100 MPPs worth of reinforcements.
- Resource scripts added for Algiers; Casablanca; Rabat; Tunis, Bordeaux and Marseille so that they start the war at zero strength, increasing by 1 per Allied turn.
1939 & 1940 Campaigns
- New in game messages and Pop Up Events added to better assist the Allied player on how many units need to be kept in Mediterranean to avoid Italian mobilization.
- While Italy is neutral, Spain will now mobilize 5-7% towards the Axis if there are 2 Allied Amphibious units within 30 hexes of Syracuse Port, or 7 or more Allied naval units within 18 hexes of Syracuse Port, as Franco is concerned at the impact an attack on his former ally will have on his own position.
- Added Soviet Garrison units at Belomorsk and Kandalaksha.
- Corrected the Mobilization_1 scripts for Bulgaria being declared war on by the Axis as they were incorrectly looking for Bulgaria to respond to Turkey to have been declared war upon.
1939, 1940 & 1941 Campaigns
- DE 301 for the US to send tanks to Cairo now checks for El Alamein being in Axis hands, rather than for an Axis unit to be in El Alamein (Big John).
- The cost of Rocket research has been reduced from 175 to 150 MPPs, and Germany’s starting levels in this increased by 1 in all campaigns from 1939 to 1943 (ElvisJJonesRambo).
- Increased Germany’s National Morale loss due to the fall of Berlin from 10,000 to 20,000 points (Mithrilotter).
- The Murmansk convoy now requires Murmansk and all hexes to Belomorsk plus Vologda to be in Allied hands, having removed all hexes from Belomorsk to Volkov from the requirement (The Land).
- USSR's Corps and Army statistics corrected (Gilber).
1939 and 1940 Strategy Guides
- An explanation including a map on Italian Mobilization added (with special thanks to OldCrowBalthazor).
< Message edited by ledrobi -- 6/18/2021 11:42:03 AM >