Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How much damage to a runway keeps planes from taking off?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How much damage to a runway keeps planes from taking off? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How much damage to a runway keeps planes from taking off? - 4/20/2021 4:49:13 PM   
thedoctorking

Trying to bomb an airport: I have BDA of Heavy Damage on both runways, and yet enemy fighters are taking off. I thought there was no way to completely destroy a runway?
Post #: 1
RE: How much damage to a runway keeps planes from takin... - 4/20/2021 5:19:19 PM   
BDukes

You can degrade them but not destroy them. They also repair over time. If there is a runway-grade taxiway, that might be how they are taking off. The other thing you can do is hit the access points. They act as connectors from any aircraft holding unit to the runways.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 2
RE: How much damage to a runway keeps planes from takin... - 4/20/2021 5:19:28 PM   
Dimitris

"I have BDA of Heavy Damage" <--- Is this what is shown in God's Eye view (ie. the ground truth) or is that what the latest recon/BDA report on your side shows? (Which may be erroneous: BDA reports can often skew to either side of the true value; this is deliberate and realistic.)

Also: "Enemy fighters are taking off". What fighters? Maybe they are fighters with good STOL capability that can take off even on a pretty short or damaged runway? (e.g. IIRC MiG-29s can make do with a 400-500m strip). Or as BDukes said maybe they are using a runway-grade taxiway? (quite common)

The devil is in the details. Hence the need for save files.

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 4/20/2021 5:51:51 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: How much damage to a runway keeps planes from takin... - 4/21/2021 2:42:06 AM   
thedoctorking

The BDA was from my side, perhaps the runways weren't as damaged as I thought.

The enemy were Eurofighter Typhoons. I'm doing the air war tutorials. They managed to get two of them in the air, who proceeded to destroy most of my strike planes.

I hit the access points with some cruise missiles, but I bet they weren't damaged.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
RE: How much damage to a runway keeps planes from takin... - 4/21/2021 1:33:24 PM   
guanotwozero

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking
I hit the access points with some cruise missiles, but I bet they weren't damaged.

You can check by loading the savegame in the editor and switching sides or using God's Eye View.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How much damage to a runway keeps planes from taking off? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI