Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replacements and supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Replacements and supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replacements and supply - 4/19/2021 9:48:36 PM   
Karri

So far I've noticed, that unless you are next to a superdepot no frontline unit receives replacements. What are the hardcoded features of this, or is there some way to make sure these units get replacements?

Also how does the national supply source work? It seems to be maxes out at sending around 250k freight per turn...?

On the same note, I have superdepots that have supplies and freight, but they still only send out a portion. is there some way to dial up the distribution?

< Message edited by Karri -- 4/19/2021 9:49:51 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Replacements and supply - 4/19/2021 10:01:39 PM   
fritzfarlig

let the units refit in the depot hex much faster
are yours units well supplied ? hit 8 and you can see where the freight go

< Message edited by fritzfarlig -- 4/19/2021 10:04:19 PM >

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 2
RE: Replacements and supply - 4/19/2021 10:28:37 PM   
loki100

have a look at this thread, it may answer most of your questions about logistics

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4993098

in the main replacements are the last part of the freight distribution system, so given the problems of pushing supply to the front line not many will arrive. Also units in contact with the enemy won't refit.

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 3
RE: Replacements and supply - 4/20/2021 12:06:34 AM   
Karri

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

have a look at this thread, it may answer most of your questions about logistics

in the main replacements are the last part of the freight distribution system, so given the problems of pushing supply to the front line not many will arrive. Also units in contact with the enemy won't refit.

Yes, but even with an edited game where most railyards are level 9, and there are extra FBD groups to function as superdepots, the supply to the frontline only seems to be up to a certain amount, and almost never includes replacements. The national supply source never send out more than 200k - 250k freight.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 4
RE: Replacements and supply - 4/20/2021 1:27:02 AM   
MechFO

What's the supply priority of your units? I find that if on 2 they will take supply but few replacements, on 3 or 4 they will suck up replacements even without superdepots.

Superdepots call on freight, they will not send much to other depots from what I see. If you have several Superdepots working at the same time I think it messes up the system. What I do is alternate superdepts and only feed a superdepot for one turn, then switch to another area. If you have lower priority depots in a chain then that seems to fill the entire chain. On subsequent turns these supplies filter forward.

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 5
RE: Replacements and supply - 4/20/2021 8:24:52 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

Yes, but even with an edited game where most railyards are level 9, and there are extra FBD groups to function as superdepots, the supply to the frontline only seems to be up to a certain amount, and almost never includes replacements. The national supply source never send out more than 200k - 250k freight.

to be fair, there is no telling what that set of edits has done to the underlying supply model in the game. NSS capacity to send out is linked to railyard size in the NSS.

but given your changes, its not really a general question? I'd suggest better in the modding sub-forum.

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Replacements and supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI