Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pushing Allies off Mulberry Beaches

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> Pushing Allies off Mulberry Beaches Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pushing Allies off Mulberry Beaches - 4/19/2021 9:05:21 PM   
risaldar88

I have 7 Panzer Divisions (1 SS) and 2 fallschirm. divisions, each division equipped with pioneers, extra panzer/infantry battalions, and AA with supporting artillery from corps HQ's. I am not too familiar with bombing but I have been ground attacking with some air groups on the tile directly and targeting units, which does some damage but not much even if I do like a million attacks. When I target the port though it does not seem to do any damage to the mulberry port and the allied forces don't seem to lose supplies. The troops are entirely encircled on the beachhead but I am having a lot of trouble pushing them into the sea. What am I doing wrong?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Pushing Allies off Mulberry Beaches - 4/19/2021 9:16:51 PM   
loki100

there is a huge defensive cv inflation for being attacked on a beach hex - check the manual on this (apols don't have access at the moment) its pretty easy to find.

so you most likely 'win' the normal attack, its flipped to a hold with this modification. The consequence is allied losses are inflated.

to cut them off, best to use a naval patrol mission, but their TF will generate a fair of interdiction.

One good thing, that TF is taking a lot of losses and they run the risk of losing it all together.

Final question, why do you think this is a mulbery in operation. They don't come into play till June 44 and tend to get used in N France, not sure where your battle it taking place but it looks like S France? If so, its more likely to be beach supply they are relying on

(in reply to risaldar88)
Post #: 2
RE: Pushing Allies off Mulberry Beaches - 4/20/2021 6:31:09 AM   
cfulbright

Loki,

It took me a while, but I think that's in the South of Italy just to the west of Taranto.

Cary

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> Pushing Allies off Mulberry Beaches Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI