Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, clear transfers )

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, clear transfers ) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, clea... - 4/19/2021 9:38:48 AM   
tamerinc

Sorry for dumb questions as a newbie in WITE2.

1 - What are the exact numbers for "disband and for "remove" in the unit tab to define which turn will disband or remove?? Easy to find related numbers for transfer units to TBs but unable to find which number should I input in the editor to define unit disbands/remove at the mentioned turn.

2 - What is the real impact of leader role in High Command for logistics & replacements if subordinate leaders such as in the Army or in Corps have better skills? The question is especially for Axis Minor OOB.

3 - How to clear all transfers between TBs? unable to find a single click button. Also have an easy way to "unlock" all "lck" units in TB or delayed units?

Already searched in the forum and in the editor itself but unable to find.

3 -
Post #: 1
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/19/2021 11:42:51 AM   
loki100

2 isn't really an editor question. Best advice is to check the tables in 15.5, that'll give you some idea how the command chain works for all in-game tests, crudely the worse the front line commanders the more important the higher commands become.

(in reply to tamerinc)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/19/2021 12:00:34 PM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: tamerinc

Sorry for dumb questions as a newbie in WITE2.

1 - What are the exact numbers for "disband and for "remove" in the unit tab to define which turn will disband or remove?? Easy to find related numbers for transfer units to TBs but unable to find which number should I input in the editor to define unit disbands/remove at the mentioned turn.

2 - What is the real impact of leader role in High Command for logistics & replacements if subordinate leaders such as in the Army or in Corps have better skills? The question is especially for Axis Minor OOB.

3 - How to clear all transfers between TBs? unable to find a single click button. Also have an easy way to "unlock" all "lck" units in TB or delayed units?

Already searched in the forum and in the editor itself but unable to find.

To set a unit to disband you need to set the "withdrawal code" as 101.

In the editor while viewing the map press CTRL and B and this will bring up all the data for the TBs. From there you can edit all the requirements for the TBs or even make them inactive.

Not sure how to unlock all units other than finding them in the editor changing their "lck" setting.

You could also clear all withdrawals in the editor by clicking on "withdrawal schedule" on any unit's detail and then clicking "CLEAR ALL WITHDRAWALS" in the top right but I wouldn't recommend this as the withdrawal schedule also covers things like name changes.

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester

(in reply to tamerinc)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/19/2021 12:14:39 PM   
jlbhung

tamerinc, no worry. I think apart from those involved in the development of the game, everyone else are newbies. I exported the units csv file using the game Editor and examined the unit data (common spreadsheet software should be able to open the csv file) to find clues to your question -

1/. from data of units scheduled for disband and remove, I guess that the code for disband is 101 and for remove is 102. You may test it.

3/. I also want to know if there is a single click button. Before finding one, an alternative is to edit the "lck" status in the unit.csv file. It should be under the column "thBoxLock". It appears that the value is 1 in this column for locked units. You can easily change 1 to 0 for all locked units by using a spreadsheet software.

Hope the above helps. Suggest you backup your scenario file before you test.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/19/2021 1:37:41 PM   
jlbhung

quote:

ORIGINAL: tamerinc

3 - How to clear all transfers between TBs? unable to find a single click button.

Instead of clearing transfers unit by unit, I guess that an easier way would be to edit the unit.csv file - convert all data under the columns "withTurn 0" to "withDest 4" to 0. I think this way will not interfere with renaming as that data is stored in another column. You may give it a try.

(in reply to tamerinc)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/19/2021 5:08:22 PM   
tamerinc

Noted with great thanks to all answers. 101 and 102 works well. So, Dirlewanger and some other "dirty" units will purge in my 1941 scenario for my own play against AI. I will gonna try .csv editing too

(in reply to jlbhung)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/22/2021 6:47:52 PM   
Dreamslayer

101 and 102 works fine, thanks. But how I can set destination for TB?

It's 2021. Can this forum get damn SPOILER option? = D

(in reply to tamerinc)
Post #: 7
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/22/2021 7:20:36 PM   
Great_Ajax

In the UNITS tab, click the Theater Box link in the upper right corner of the unit entry. It will bring up a list of theater box options and their codes. Clicking on Axis units will bring up the Axis options and clicking on Soviet units will bring up the Soviet options. Example, 1-Western Europe.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dreamslayer

101 and 102 works fine, thanks. But how I can set destination for TB?

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

(in reply to Dreamslayer)
Post #: 8
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/22/2021 9:05:21 PM   
Dreamslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Great_Ajax

In the UNITS tab, click the Theater Box link in the upper right corner of the unit entry. It will bring up a list of theater box options and their codes. Clicking on Axis units will bring up the Axis options and clicking on Soviet units will bring up the Soviet options. Example, 1-Western Europe.

Trey

Great, thanks!

So. Germans :
0 - Map
1 - Western Europe
2 - Italy
3 - North Africa
4 - Norway
5 - Balcans
6 - Finland
7 - Axis Reserves
8 - Soviet Union Garrison

USSR:
0 - Map
11 - Far East
12 - Transcaucasus
13 - Northern Front
14 - Soviet Reserves

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 9
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/22/2021 9:21:00 PM   
Great_Ajax

You got it!

Trey

WiTE Scenario Designer

Post #: 10
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/26/2021 8:03:05 PM   
Dreamslayer

How to change the frozen status?

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 11
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/26/2021 9:01:00 PM   
Great_Ajax

Go to the map and go to the unit details. You can change the frozen status. If you are unfreezing a unit, make sure you you use the editor functions in the commander's report to reset that unit's MPs.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dreamslayer

How to change the frozen status?

WiTE Scenario Designer

Post #: 12
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/30/2021 1:36:43 PM   
Dreamslayer

Some Soviet ground units in the editor in the unit list slots marked by " *** ". What does it mean?

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 13
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 4/30/2021 1:46:43 PM   
Denniss

Looks like all those with 3 asterix are on-map units

Post #: 14
RE: Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, ... - 5/27/2021 6:40:38 AM   
Dreamslayer

Is there the necessity to have Soviet AOG's like Transport/Recon Groups? Or I can remove it from the data and attach airgroups directly to Air Commands without any issues?
Would be nice to have more slots for AOG's.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Questions about editor. ( disband, remove, unlock, clear transfers ) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI