Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command Capacity and Command Points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Command Capacity and Command Points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command Capacity and Command Points - 4/18/2021 10:19:27 AM   
rob89

There something I don't understand with the CC and CP rules.

I try to explain with an example.

I have a GER Korps with 4 ID (Infantry Division) : CC=9, CP used = 4x2=8, that's ok

Then I have a GER AOK (Army) with 4 Korps (it could happens, historically happened) :
the routine doesn't count the Korps, but directly the number of divisions.
CC=27, CP used = 16x2=32; I have an "overcommand" situation... !!!

I think it's a non-sense. It's like the Korps HQs don't matter!!!
In the actual world, the command chain exists precisely to distribute the C2 workloads.

best regards
Post #: 1
RE: Command Capacity and Command Points - 4/18/2021 12:37:23 PM   
carlkay58

But the Korps HQs do matter. Over capacity leadership penalties are assessed at the level the over capacity occurs.

A division needs a leadership check. The first HQ referenced is the Korps HQ. The check is affected by the range to the unit and whether the HQ is over capacity. If the check succeeds, then everything stops here. If the check fails, we now go up to the Army HQ. There the check is affected by the range to the unit, whether the Army HQ is over capacity, and a penalty for using the Army HQ. If that check succeeds, then everything stops here. If the check fails we are now up to the Front/Army Group HQ and do the same thing there with a bigger penalty for using this level of HQ.

So if the Korps HQ succeeds at the leadership check the rest of the HQs in the chain of command do not matter. The Korps HQ level does not have an HQ penalty so it has the best chance to succeed anyways. So making sure the Korps HQ is not over capacity is far more important than having the Army HQ be in good shape. Overall you do want each HQ to be at or below capacity so it does not suffer additional penalties, but the Korps HQ level is the most important and will have the biggest impact on your troop performance. This also highlights that your Korps HQ leader has a more direct impact on the units in the Korps than your other leaders too.

(in reply to rob89)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Command Capacity and Command Points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI