Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Still plugging away on this?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Still plugging away on this? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Still plugging away on this? - 4/16/2021 11:35:46 PM   
eggmansdaddy

Just checking in to see if anyone at Matrix is still working on this gem of a game? I know at one point I had a discussion with you guys about issues with making maps I think, but that was a long while back. I see that there are issues with Win 10 installs. I re-installed my game on a Win 10 rig and have not had problems...yet?
Post #: 1
RE: Still plugging away on this? - 4/17/2021 4:42:02 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: eggmansdaddy

Just checking in to see if anyone at Matrix is still working on this gem of a game? I know at one point I had a discussion with you guys about issues with making maps I think, but that was a long while back. I see that there are issues with Win 10 installs. I re-installed my game on a Win 10 rig and have not had problems...yet?

Mobius and I were still working on it about a year ago, but it was down to just the two of us (as far as I know). And I don't seem to be very good at modelling, so that left the modelling all on Mobius. I think he finally lost the modelling software he used in a hardware crash, so things pretty much came to a halt.

I tried picking up the skill to model to help, but didnt seem to have much talent at it.

We also started getting some reports of crashes. I was able to reproduce them, but I wasn't able to find what caused them, so they still pop up from time to time.

I've considered recompiling to see if the latest compiler might help, but I haven't.

Mobius and I did make quite a bit of progress on an add-on module, but we never made it to the finish. We also revamped the map maker to simplify some of the texturing things that sometimes slowed down the process of making maps. But we kind of lost steam.

I don't know of any work by anyone at Matrix, but that doesnt mean there is none.

I still think about trying again, but I'm not sure there is much of a pool of players anymore.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to eggmansdaddy)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Still plugging away on this? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI