Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1941 Operation München

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> 1941 Operation München Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1941 Operation München - 4/12/2021 7:08:15 PM   
rhinobones

Operation München was the Romanian assault into Moldavia/Bessarabia intended to support Barbarossa. This scenario models the southern portion of the operation and adds the establishment of a bridgehead over the Dniester as a victory condition. For the most part Romanian/German Corps and divisions are broken down as regimental sized formations composed of the constituent companies. Russian formations are battalion size which provides much flexibility in modeling their objective tracks.

The scenario is nominally 24 turns with the possibility of an early ending if Romania captures the primary objective. A significant number of Russian formations enter the battlefield based on passing a probability test which adds variability to the composition and location of the defense.

As always, suggestions for improvement of play are solicited.

Regards, RhinoBones

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post #: 1
Screenshot 1 - 4/12/2021 7:09:37 PM   
rhinobones

Overview of the river crossings centered on the Romanian 11th Infantry Division assaulting Leuseni. Elements of the Russian 23rd Border Detachment, 25th Border Detachment, 95th Rifle Division and 3rd Cavalry Corps are deploying for defense in depth.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 2
Screenshot 2 - 4/12/2021 7:12:19 PM   
rhinobones

Detail of the 11th Division river crossing and Russian response.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 3
RE: Screenshot 2 - 4/13/2021 6:09:58 AM   
Alan Sharif

Just downloaded. Thanks for creating this.

A Sharif

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 4
RE: 1941 Operation München - 4/14/2021 7:09:33 AM   
george420

Thank you.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 5
RE: 1941 Operation München - 4/15/2021 6:41:34 AM   
Alan Sharif

Really enjoying the scenario. The Soviet PO is proving an able opponent. Thanks for your work on this. It's a really well designed.

A Sharif

(in reply to george420)
Post #: 6
RE: 1941 Operation München - 4/15/2021 1:37:27 PM   
rhinobones

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan Sharif

Really enjoying the scenario. The Soviet PO is proving an able opponent. Thanks for your work on this. It's a really well designed.

Good to read your comment. Easy to get the initial assault across the Prut River, then around turn 12 the Russian objective tracks activate. 5 objective tracks X 4 primary objectives yields 20 different combinations. This doesn't count in the formations which may, or mat not, deploy. Some games might be easy to win, others nearly impossible.

Regards

Colin Wright:

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 7
RE: 1941 Operation München - 4/15/2021 1:50:24 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

Good to read your comment. Easy to get the initial assault across the Prut River, then around turn 12 the Russian objective tracks activate. 5 objective tracks X 4 primary objectives yields 20 different combinations. This doesn't count in the formations which may, or mat not, deploy. Some games might be easy to win, others nearly impossible.

That's good- but it would be nice for the player if when they're trounced they know whether it was their fault or not. Players might want a VP bonus when extra Soviet units are activated, but it would be sufficient to have some indicator in the news briefing of how hard the player has it. Is the EEV already used? It would be easy enough to use the EEV to add up a value and then, on the final turn, release a news item to let the player know roughly what difficulty level they were playing on. Naturally you want this information to be concealed until the end to keep the player honest.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> 1941 Operation München Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI