Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[ADDED] Doctrine and ROE WRA (Weapons Per Salvo)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [ADDED] Doctrine and ROE WRA (Weapons Per Salvo) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[ADDED] Doctrine and ROE WRA (Weapons Per Salvo) - 4/11/2021 3:10:22 PM   
DWReese

Presently, the WRA, WEAPONS PER SALVO, pull down menu lists the following options: System Default; Do Not Use this weapon....; 1 rnd; 2 rnds; 3 rnds; Use all the weapons.... Normally, this would be enough for every circumstance. But, when dealing with ABM combat, and using the SM-6 missile in particular, I believe that this list needs to be expanded by one more round---it needs to include 4 rnds.

Why? Well, three rounds aren't enough to ensure that the SM-6 will knock out an incoming ballistic missile (like a DF-21), and "Using All..." is way too many. When ballistic missiles are hit by the SM-6, they are rarely destroyed. They are usually only given a trajectory change, and rarely does that even result in a miss. So, you could hit the missile all three times (if you fired three SM-6s), get three hits, and still be killed by the incoming missile.

To complicate matters, because ballistic missiles move so fast, you won't usually have another opportunity to fire a second round of SM-6s before the ballistic missiles hit.

Having the option of FIRING FOUR missiles at an incoming ballistic missile doesn't seem to be unreasonable, especially if you are using SM-6s, since you aren't likely to get another chance. And, considering that the next step up from firing 3 is to 'fire all", then it's quite obvious that that is too many because there will likely be other incoming ballistic missiles.

I really believe that, for "ballistic" and "supersonic" missiles, the drop down menu should be increased to afford the opportunity to fire four missiles for at least these two sub-categories.

Doug

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 4/29/2021 3:20:53 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Request Change: Doctrine and ROE WRA (Weapons Per S... - 4/12/2021 1:36:19 PM   
WSBot

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 2
RE: Request Change: Doctrine and ROE WRA (Weapons Per S... - 4/29/2021 3:20:37 PM   
Dimitris

Added in Build 1147.22 .

(in reply to WSBot)
Post #: 3
RE: Request Change: Doctrine and ROE WRA (Weapons Per S... - 4/29/2021 4:32:35 PM   
DWReese

Thank you so much.

The SM-6 has a difficult time hitting and destroying those ballistic missiles. Four missiles are usually needed. Thanks for the very quick response.

Doug

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [ADDED] Doctrine and ROE WRA (Weapons Per Salvo) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI