What do you like to see in a scenario post-mortem?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

CapnDarwin

What do you like to see in a scenario post-mortem?

Post by CapnDarwin »

What elements do you consider essential when viewing the aftermath of a heated battle?

Select those items you like to review. You can select more than one now.

Comments welcome as well.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Weregamba

RE: What do you like to see in a scenario post-mortem?

Post by Weregamba »

I would love to see how the battle progressed, dynamically, with the order issuance moments well marked, and with the icons moving in the map without fog of war. In other words, what is on the other side of Wellington's hill

Must be interesting to see how your guesses were right or wrong, what path was chosen for the attack or what positions were well defended and which others were deserted.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We are discussing a full game replay, but that will be a post release feature if it makes the cut of other cool things we want and players want to add to the game engine. [8D]

GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

The meat of the end of battle de-briefing is the tally of losses and some words of praise or scorn or mediocrity according to my deeds during battle. It seems pretty good how you have it already.
I think a word about how the battle results will affect future operations would be interesting too even if it is just a one battle scenario.

About the tally of losses, would also be nice to see units destroyed minus the number that dropped out for other reasons. I think people like to know how many badguys were brewed up good and proper.
And the very epic music during the start up menu would be nice to hear after a battle too (but not during it of course).
I think for the review of forces, I most want to see how many units are left operational on both sides versus their starting numbers. I think this number would be very low for both sides in my battles.

Thank you Darwin for supporting your game so attentively.
batteran

Post by batteran »

I think a word about how the battle results will affect future operations would be interesting too even if it is just a one battle scenario.

Ho, I like this one. A post-battle assessment like the thread assessment at the start of the scenario. With pics and all.
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

To be honest I like the endgame data and map scrolling thru the enemy units pretty much as is. Are you envisioning something (radically) different?

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Rob, you are still good. [8D]

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”