Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Capturing Leningrad effects

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Capturing Leningrad effects Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Capturing Leningrad effects - 4/8/2021 1:40:49 PM   
MechFO

I've managed to capture Leningrad and received the event where I get a Finish Corps.

Considering that the Ground Value requirement for Finland is still at 210, and that the Finish units get taken from the Theater Box, this is a bit underwhelming.

The Air requirement also seems very high. With the Leningrad base and airfield complex out, the air threat should be minimal.

With Leningrad out, I propose that the Ground and Air Requirements be set so that the Finns are able to at least look after themselves without any German help.
Post #: 1
RE: Capturing Leningrad effects - 4/8/2021 1:46:02 PM   
Speedysteve

I agree. Would seem the threat to the Finns should be massively diminished if LG is taken. At that point the Soviets should be turning the full 'Eye of Sauron' onto the Nazi's!

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 2
RE: Capturing Leningrad effects - 4/8/2021 4:44:12 PM   
Sardaukar

Considering it still is like 1300 km front from Svir to Murmansk, all that area needs to be defended.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 3
RE: Capturing Leningrad effects - 4/8/2021 5:37:53 PM   
Karri

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Considering it still is like 1300 km front from Svir to Murmansk, all that area needs to be defended.

But Karelian Isthmus was the main area, and it's where the largest concentration of Finnish forces was. Ground requirements should decrease, even with three divisions sent to Germany.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 4
RE: Capturing Leningrad effects - 4/9/2021 6:11:00 PM   
MechFO

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

You would know better than me but it seems like nearly a third of the Finnish Army was tied down by Leningrad?

Up North you had Murmansk and the attack on the Murmansk Railway, but supply if nothing else dictated that these were limited engagements. Leaving the Svir front, but without Leningrad, any big offensive past the Svir loses all meaning, for logistical reasons if nothing else. Same goes for the Air War. Without Leningrad, where would the air raids be coming from? If they have to come longrange accross Ladoga, distance and infrastructure/logistics would again make any sizable or sustained attacks seem not feasible.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: Capturing Leningrad effects - 4/10/2021 2:07:17 AM   
Vermin

You could probably edit the events to reduce the garrison requirement (for both sides) on the Finish front if/when Leningrad falls.

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 6
RE: Capturing Leningrad effects - 4/10/2021 10:41:01 AM   
Sardaukar

Probably combat intensity could be also set low, since Finns didn't have any interest to advance further. And Germans in north had no ability to do so, as battles there had shown.

I do agree that garrison requirements might need bit adjustment downwards.

But Soviets would still have to defend important rail connection to Murmansk.

I think these could all be edited in editor.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Vermin)
Post #: 7
RE: Capturing Leningrad effects - 4/13/2021 12:49:41 AM   
MechFO

Adding insult to injury, "It's not over" just triggered incresing the requirements to 245 and 14. At the very least that should be conditional on Leningrad being Soviet.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Capturing Leningrad effects Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI