Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What to do with all the cards you never play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> What to do with all the cards you never play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What to do with all the cards you never play - 4/8/2021 9:26:59 AM   
stoox

What I really like about Shadow Empire is that it has some mechanics built in that you would normally see in board games. Like a limit of Political Points per turn or that you have to draw a card (stratagem) first to perform a certain action.

However, Shadow Empire doesn't have the typical cards limit that a lot of board games have and after a while I have a lot of leftover cards I don't really have use for. Wouldn't it be cool if you could boost card actions with leftover cards? So you would just select the card you want to play, but in addition you can select several other cards to boost that action. A card's color or other indicator would have a specific effect when played as a boost card. The boost effects could range from more risk more reward to decrease of necessary ressources to play a card (Political Points or money). Maybe not every boost effect is combineable with every kind of action, so not every combination has to be possible, this would also enforce the player to think about good combos and not just throwing away all their left over cards in a few actions. I would display the cards you select to boost sideways in the UI.

If this idea is too much work, a simpler idea is to be able to scrap your cards to get some Political Points or other resources.

< Message edited by stoox -- 4/8/2021 9:45:59 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: What to do with all the cards you never play - 4/8/2021 9:58:03 AM   
bvoid

It does have a mechanic like this, you can scrap cards for points. Then use points to get more cards :)

(in reply to stoox)
Post #: 2
RE: What to do with all the cards you never play - 4/8/2021 10:54:03 AM   
stoox

After 20h of playing the game I didn't realized that. In this case the feature isn't really that viable. Thank you for the info.

(in reply to bvoid)
Post #: 3
RE: What to do with all the cards you never play - 4/8/2021 10:58:05 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: stoox

After 20h of playing the game I didn't realized that. In this case the feature isn't really that viable. Thank you for the info.

It waas only added in 1.08.01 (and the betas).
And as usual, such a major change/change to stratagems does not make it into old savegames.

(in reply to stoox)
Post #: 4
RE: What to do with all the cards you never play - 4/8/2021 12:26:11 PM   
stoox

Ok, that makes sense.

By the way, I stole that Idea with boosting cards with cards you don't really have a use for from the board game Mage Knight. I really love that game.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> What to do with all the cards you never play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI