Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

shq does not respect logistics limits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> shq does not respect logistics limits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
shq does not respect logistics limits - 4/8/2021 8:24:35 AM   
bvoid

In the unit admin screen for an SHQ there are various percentage limits that can be assigned to various functions. These limits to not seem to get applied.

I just had a situation where I diplo-annexed a minor that was quite far from capital. This crippled my entire logistics net because all the points were being consumed by "zone->SHQ", none were left available to move desperately needed replacements to frontline.

Zone->SHQ was set to 30% logistics max, but it was consuming all the remaining points.

Also I tried creating a second SHQ in the new zone but my economy was so wrecked I might have to quit!
Post #: 1
RE: shq does not respect logistics limits - 4/8/2021 8:38:52 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

The way the logistics limits work is that the effective limit of each logistics phase equals the set percentage, plus the amount of logistics points allocated to all the previous phases that was left unspent. In order to prioritize replacements, you have to reduce the percentages of the earlier phases so they add up to less than 100%.

(in reply to bvoid)
Post #: 2
RE: shq does not respect logistics limits - 4/8/2021 9:07:56 AM   
zgrssd

As far as I can tell, there are two passes:
1st with the limits
2nd without the limits, for all those points not used by the 1st pass.

If points were allocated for Replacements but were not used, that means you got a bottleneck somewhere along the way to the units. Fix that one.

The percentages are never at fault for a issue - they are trying to keep things running despite you messing up. Fix whatever is wrong with your logistics, so the replacements can actually flow.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 4/8/2021 9:09:02 AM >

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: shq does not respect logistics limits - 4/8/2021 9:31:32 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

That is untrue. There is no 2nd pass, once the logistics system has gone through all the phases once, it will leave any remaining logistics points unspent (in which case they can be used for strategic movement and SHQ-to-SHQ transfers).

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: shq does not respect logistics limits - 4/8/2021 9:34:17 AM   
bvoid

In this case, the remote zone was producing more stuff than it could export every turn. Thus the backlog was never getting filled, and I could never get replacements.

The % settings are not being applied.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 5
RE: shq does not respect logistics limits - 4/8/2021 11:00:27 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: bvoid

In this case, the remote zone was producing more stuff than it could export every turn. Thus the backlog was never getting filled, and I could never get replacements.

The % settings are not being applied.

If the preceeding steps already tax out the logistics connection to the troops, there is no way to send the reinforcements.
Look at the Bottleneck display. Fix the black part.

And reinforcements are kept last intentionally, as there is no reason to bring more people to starve at the front.

(in reply to bvoid)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> shq does not respect logistics limits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI