Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Depot without rail?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Depot without rail? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Depot without rail? - 4/6/2021 5:47:17 PM   
squatter

I'm puzzled about the situation below - the highlighted depot received 11k tonnes of freight, but it is not connected by rail.

I thought depots could only draw supply via rail/port? Obviously airlift too, but 11k tonnes is presumably not explained by AI airlift?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Depot without rail? - 4/6/2021 5:50:44 PM   
malyhin1517

Your repairs have been completed and the warehouse received the goods immediately! This is how this game works! It's not a mistake!

Sorry, i use an online translator :(

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 2
RE: Depot without rail? - 4/6/2021 6:04:57 PM   
squatter

Thanks a lot.

So the colours shown on the rail overlay at this point are confusing? If repair happened before freight shipping shouldn't all the hexes leading up to the depot be green, strictly speaking?

(in reply to malyhin1517)
Post #: 3
RE: Depot without rail? - 4/6/2021 6:07:46 PM   
malyhin1517

quote:

ORIGINAL: squatter

Thanks a lot.

So the colours shown on the rail overlay at this point are confusing? If repair happened before freight shipping shouldn't all the hexes leading up to the depot be green, strictly speaking?

I was also surprised when I saw it, but I resigned myself to it! :)

Sorry, i use an online translator :(

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 4
RE: Depot without rail? - 4/6/2021 8:16:17 PM   
squatter

The confusing thing is that orange signifies two different states:

- hexes repaired before the current logistics phase by auto rail repair units

- hexes repaired after the current logistics phase by manual rail repair units

What the player wants to see when they toggle rail status on is which links are currently in operation. The example above colours hexes which are currently in operation as orange (=not currently in operation, repaired for next turn) and yellow (=not currently in operation, waiting for connection to grid)

The solution is surely that all hexes which were connected by rail before the current turn's logistics phase should show green?

< Message edited by squatter -- 4/6/2021 8:20:09 PM >

(in reply to malyhin1517)
Post #: 5
RE: Depot without rail? - 4/6/2021 8:37:55 PM   
carlkay58

I actually think you had freight shipped in by truck rather than rail and/or it had some freight captured from the enemy. The AI will automatically create a depot in EVERY town/city location it controls on a rail. So every town/city you capture from the AI gives you a chance to capture stores/fuel/resources.

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 6
RE: Depot without rail? - 4/6/2021 8:48:56 PM   
squatter

quote:

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

I actually think you had freight shipped in by truck rather than rail and/or it had some freight captured from the enemy. The AI will automatically create a depot in EVERY town/city location it controls on a rail. So every town/city you capture from the AI gives you a chance to capture stores/fuel/resources.

quote:

fuel

Yes that's possible it was a depot I captured. I've been noticing the depots the AI leaves behind.

But: A) can a depot ever ship in freight using trucks? I thought only rail?

B) I captured this hex probably five turns ago, and this is the first turn its received freight. Am I seeing supplies that were captured 5 turns ago now showing up as freight received on the first turn the captured depot is connected by rail? If so that 11k tonnes - a nice amount. But would that be WAD considering the amount of capture?

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 7
RE: Depot without rail? - 4/6/2021 9:29:22 PM   
Joel Billings

Only way to know would be to get the saves from the game. You can send to 2by3@2by3games.com if you have autosaves for several turns leading up to the one where the depot got freight.

AFAIK, trucks will not deliver to depots. IIRC, you don't capture freight, you capture supply and fuel for the city and trucks.

Depots can get small amounts of freight representing damaged elements returning to the depot from nearby units, but that's usually only in the hundreds of tons, so clearly you got a shipment. I'm surprised you got deliveries considering the screenshot. The 1 orange means the rail will flip to repaired in the next logistics phase and that would link the depot, but I wouldn't have expected a delivery until that was done.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 8
RE: Depot without rail? - 4/7/2021 1:00:02 AM   
carlkay58

You can get freight into a depot if you have one or more units in the hex. Then the freight that is delivered to the units first goes through the depot. There does not seem to be a cost to doing that but I have seen that happen before.

The screen shot does show a unit of some sort in the hex so that is probably at least part of what happened.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 9
RE: Depot without rail? - 4/7/2021 10:05:21 AM   
squatter

So we have three explanations being offered:

a) the depot is connected by rail, just that the colour coding used to show rail connections is contradictory
b) it's a bug
c) trucks are bringing supplies to the depot, and/or it's captured stock. But 11k tonnes?!

As it's a server game I dont believe I can access saves to check for a bug?

So I guess this will just have to remain a mystery!

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 10
RE: Depot without rail? - 4/7/2021 10:23:35 AM   
Nix77

I'd say it's clearly a bug. The depot is receiving freight by rail (r), it shouldn't be getting that since there's no operational rail line leading to it. Just report it and send saves.

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Depot without rail? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI