Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Atomic bombs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Atomic bombs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Atomic bombs - 4/5/2021 4:52:51 PM   
Sieppo

The AI astoundingly realized I tried to cut his empire in two and started throwing some kinds of atomic bombs against my spearhead successfully thwarting the advance (note there was a very wide front where to use them but the AI decided to use them in this absolutely crucial place, bravo!).

HOWEVER the bombs don't seem to create much death. Killing about as much as regular artillery. The thing creating the most havoc is the radiation levels that keep rising on each bombing and removing any readiness my troops have. I'm fielding mostly armor in polymeric armor and infantry in heavy battle armor in these hexes, could this be the reason? Would think the blast wave alone would kill stuff?

> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
Post #: 1
RE: Atomic bombs - 4/5/2021 7:23:48 PM   
newageofpower

It depends on the warhead yield. I recall using a bunch of 50/100MT weapons on a city and the garrison vanished. But an early game weapon may only destroy a small amount of units.

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 2
RE: Atomic bombs - 4/5/2021 9:47:38 PM   
Clux

If using 1MT atomic missiles they don't have enough % of hit to kill ratio and needs to have very high readiness + experience to consistently score kills on end game units, 10MT are better but become expensive to use pretty fast, therefore I would only use them to make a breakthrough, since the rads would have a better use in micro nuke RPGs or ICBMs

Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!

(in reply to newageofpower)
Post #: 3
RE: Atomic bombs - 4/6/2021 4:20:08 AM   
Pratapon51

100MT missiles will delete all units on a tile, and bigger nuclear warheads are more efficient in terms of Rad cost for firepower. Go big or go home! As you'd expect, if you can field ICBMs before anyone else, you already have an 'Win' button.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Atomic bombs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI