Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mixed Ai in air planing phase? Is it a bug or by design?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Mixed Ai in air planing phase? Is it a bug or by design? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mixed Ai in air planing phase? Is it a bug or by design? - 4/3/2021 11:49:22 AM   
briklebritt

I set Air Ai to ON in game options and when I set air directives as ground attack or I delete the recon directives, the Ai will execute the recon and does not fly ground attack. It also does air superiority which I never set.
Seems that the mixed Ai mode seems not to work as I think.

When setting Air Ai to OFF in game options, and then pressing the Ai button once at the start of each air planing phase, the mixed air Ai seems to work much better and is doing what I set in planing phase.

I saw this behave in YouTube lets plays too. Is this by design or a bug? How to do mixed Ai war settings? Can someone explain it please?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Mixed Ai in air planing phase? Is it a bug or by de... - 4/3/2021 11:56:22 AM   
loki100

the distinction made in section 17.1.1 is very important.

If you set the game up with the AI-assist enabled it will run twice in a game turn. First time you press F12 it will generate and execute the air phase, the second time you press F12 the turn ends and at that point it will redeploy your airforce according to the HQs and stances you have chosen.

Anything you manually created or set up simply is over-written by the AI-assist.

Alternatively you can use the AI-assist and manual control. Here the AI-assist is only invoked when you press the button - at that stage it over-writes everything etc. But you can then step in and amend ADs, locations etc as you wish so that when you press F12 it will carry out a mix of the AI-orders and your changes.

This sequence is really important, AI-assist and then manual changes.

(in reply to briklebritt)
Post #: 2
RE: Mixed Ai in air planing phase? Is it a bug or by de... - 4/3/2021 12:10:41 PM   
briklebritt

Thanks loki, I read about this in manual but that is not my problem. I press F12 ones after planing air war. Then it executes the air war for my side. After that I get into the ground phase and the air result box is shown and there are air directives that I never set or that I deleted in planing phase (f.e. recon or ground support). The turn has not ended at this point and I pressed F12 only ones. I did not mean the stances. I mean directives as ground attack and recon which will be changed by the Ai automatically.

Ai did recon missions although I deleted it the phase before, or it does air superiority which I never set the phase before.

I'm very confused what Ai does with my planes and ignoring my settings - I am new to this game series. Sorry

You can try this out. Start the Velikiye Luki scenario with soviet side. Set an ground attack on
Velikiye Luki, delete recon in air planing phase and press F12. Your plane will not do the ground attack but will do the recon.

When not setting the AI in game options and pressing the Ai button once each turn it seems that air planning is not overwritten until execution phase.

I also cannot understand why the planes do their missions at "very poor" weather because they have set ">poor" in their mission. Is there a random chance too?

< Message edited by briklebritt -- 4/3/2021 12:44:02 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: Mixed Ai in air planing phase? Is it a bug or by de... - 4/3/2021 2:24:53 PM   
Sammy5IsAlive

If you tick the AI assistance box in the game options you are not choosing 'mixed' assistance but full control for the AI over the ADs.

If you want to use a mixed system then you need to untick the AI assist option in the game options screen.

This is in the manual, although I agree that the options screen could be phrased more clearly (I would rename the tick box 'full AI air control').

Post #: 4
RE: Mixed Ai in air planing phase? Is it a bug or by de... - 4/4/2021 8:03:00 AM   
briklebritt

Thanks for clearing that up - I will now only go with AI assistance off in game options and hit the AI assist button when needed.

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 5
RE: Mixed Ai in air planing phase? Is it a bug or by de... - 4/4/2021 1:22:32 PM   
MaB1708

quote:

ORIGINAL: briklebritt

Thanks for clearing that up - I will now only go with AI assistance off in game options and hit the AI assist button when needed.

...BEFORE you do manual changes, else your changes will be overwritten IMHO.

Post #: 6
RE: Mixed Ai in air planing phase? Is it a bug or by de... - 4/4/2021 1:42:07 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: MaB1708

quote:

ORIGINAL: briklebritt

...BEFORE you do manual changes, else your changes will be overwritten IMHO.

Correct, in manual mode hit the button, then adjust the ADs if you'd like to do your own changes on top of the AI assist.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to MaB1708)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Mixed Ai in air planing phase? Is it a bug or by design? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI