Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advancements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Advancements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advancements - 4/2/2021 9:40:43 PM   
canuckgamer

The UK starts the 1939 scenario with Warships at 1940. At the start of the scenario I prioritized one UK battleship for reinforcement/upgrade. It is now Jan 4 1940 and it is still at 1939 Warship. I have allocated 50 for reinforcement/upgrades for a number of turns now and have even reduced the number of units with priority.

The upgrade is too random to me and would prefer more control by players. In this same game I prioritized the two UK interceptors for upgrade. One of them upgraded 1940 interception on turn one or two but the other didn't until turn 7. Similarily I only have one USA infantry prioritized but it is "stuck" on 25/30 and yes I have PP allocated for reinforcement/upgrades.
Post #: 1
RE: Advancements - 4/2/2021 10:01:04 PM   
gwgardner

Is the warship at a level 5 or greater port?

If you have other units with priority, that could be the problem. Air units take a lot of PPs to reinforce or upgrade.

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Advancements - 4/4/2021 3:56:25 PM   
Nirosi

Hi,

If you have the PPs and priority right (and ship on priority are always firsts) it will upgrade. Might take a few turn latter in the war but not in 1940. I think the problem here is that battlegroups (basically BBs) cost 600 PPs at base 1939 price. So they need 60 PPs (10%) to upgrade. So at 50 PPs allocated for repair/upgrade, it will never upgrade.

Watch out also for the Canadian patrol group. It does have the UK "colors", but still use Canadian oil and PPs for upgrade and repair (same for all minors unless they get conquered and then ownership is actually transferred to main power).

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Advancements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI