Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.08.05]Some issues with Airplane Fuel Consumption

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.08.05]Some issues with Airplane Fuel Consumption Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.08.05]Some issues with Airplane Fuel Consumption - 4/2/2021 6:27:20 PM   
zgrssd

Trying to figure out the fuel Consumption of planes, I think I noticed some issues:
1. The Stated Fuel Consumption in the text and the stat on the unit card both are absolutely worthless.
I need to look at the Storage Capacity to get any usefull data for consumption at maximum range. And the cost/hex I get from actuall consumption does not add up.

However their change does seem to be linked to the actuall fuel Consumption for each model - just not in a sensible way (see 2).

2. If I double the range of a Plane, the actuall Consumption at maximum range is halved (should stay same) and Stated Fuel Consumption/Hex is doubled (should be halved).
One part is that you propably got a flipped Multiplication/Division.
The bigger problem is that the cost changes at all. 2 Airplanes both draining a 800 Unit Fueltank should both consume the same fuel operating at their respective maximum range - given that maximum range is defined as draining your fuel tank fully and the capacities are stated to be fixed.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 4/2/2021 6:29:12 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: [1.08.05]Some issues with Airplane Fuel Consumption - 4/7/2021 3:27:17 PM   
Vic

If you have a savefile send it to me and tell me which 2 air models i should compare and investigate please. I'll take a look.

vic@vrdesigns.net

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.08.05]Some issues with Airplane Fuel Consumption - 4/15/2021 11:39:47 AM   
Vic

Checked it out but the Grasshopper aircraft save has a planet with 0.3g and 44% atmospheric density, while the Buzzer has a planet with 0.5g and 61% air density.
The statistics of the airplanes thus seem rather okay to me.

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.08.05]Some issues with Airplane Fuel Consumption - 4/15/2021 12:52:06 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

Checked it out but the Grasshopper aircraft save has a planet with 0.3g and 44% atmospheric density, while the Buzzer has a planet with 0.5g and 61% air density.
The statistics of the airplanes thus seem rather okay to me.

best wishes,
Vic

Those figures are pretty irrelevant for the problem I reported.

If I have a 800 kg Fuel tank, I should use the same fuel on maximum range - no mater if that maximum range is 1 or 20 hexes. Maxsimum (operational) Range means "I literally ran out of fuel to stay in the air any longer".
Somehow the plane with half the range is able to put 1600 kg of Fuel into a 800 kg Fuel Tank.

It also does not change that the Stated Fuel Consumption/Hex does not match the actuall fuel consumption per Hex. it is missing by an order of magnitude.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.08.05]Some issues with Airplane Fuel Consumption Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI