Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Motorised Squads Not Replacing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Motorised Squads Not Replacing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Motorised Squads Not Replacing - 4/2/2021 4:26:49 PM   
Crobern

As above, for several months of game time the various Panzer Divisions have not been replacing their Motorized Infantry Squads. Whether set to Refit or not, they can achieve their maximum TOE but remain stubbornly on zero for Motorised Infantry Squads. Is this a bug? Or have I accidentally triggered some mechanism that I don't know about? The Motorised (now Panzergrenadier) Divisions seem to be happily drawing in additional squads.

Any help with this much appreciated!

Post #: 1
RE: Motorised Squads Not Replacing - 4/3/2021 6:42:16 AM   
Chris21wen

Not enough info. What date is it, what version, how far from supply, what's uour TOE settings, etc. Pictures help.

(in reply to Crobern)
Post #: 2
RE: Motorised Squads Not Replacing - 4/3/2021 6:55:43 AM   
Crobern

Morning,

Difficult to achieve an image swiftly as the game is installed on my other laptop. But in short:

Game Date - July 1943.
Game Version - the most recent that the updater can find, 11.1.03. After checking myself that appears to be the most recent official patch.

The Panzer Divisions are set to Max TOE (100), and sat comfortably within supply distance of their relevant HQs. I've tried shuttling them back further from the front to see if that makes a difference, which it does not. They will happily replenish every other part of their TOE to maximum except for that one, so they're all sporting a single armoured PzGr battalion! I've also noticed that certain units (including GD) are stubbornly not updating their TOEs (although in that case, along with the Motorised Divisions, it IS drawing in Motorised Squads whilst sat in the same conditions as the Panzer Divisions). There doesn't appear to be an industrial capacity issue, there are excess squads in the pool and German industry is not overburdened.

EDIT: I have had a look back at an earlier saved version (Feb 1943) and when the Panzer Divisions were in their 42b TOE they had Motorised Infantry(+) Squads and the Motorised Divisions had Motorised Infantry Squads. In the 43a TOE the Panzer Divisions switched to squads without the '+' at which point they appear to have become unable to replenish them.

Perhaps it is because von Bock was abruptly executed in May 1943? Although it has been an issue for months of game time.

< Message edited by Crobern -- 4/3/2021 7:07:13 AM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3
RE: Motorised Squads Not Replacing - 4/3/2021 8:16:58 AM   
Denniss

I believe this was a data issue from the past, the 43a PD OB had future squads in their list and the game engine was not able to switch back to an older version. It's possible the 43 type squad will not produce until 9/43, in current versions it already starts in 7/43.

(in reply to Crobern)
Post #: 4
RE: Motorised Squads Not Replacing - 4/3/2021 9:49:24 AM   
Crobern

That is interesting, I did wonder if there was some internal conflict going on. My intention is just to run the turns on for a period of time to see if anything changes, and I notice that the Motorised Squads do have a production date change over in July 1943 as you mention. If it's specific to the Panzer Divisions then that would explain why the Motorised Divisions are still able to receive Motorised Infantry Squads in their extant form. It's a massive problem (especially if it can be fixed in such a way that doesn't affect that saved game), if the Germans have to operate with Panzer Divisions that have almost no infantry component during the main fighting season.

EDIT: Having run the game on, indeed on the 1st July 1943 turn suddenly Motorised Infantry Squads have been surged into all of the Panzer Divisions. Irritating! Having gone through the Editor, there appears to be no reason why this should happen. The 43a PZ Div is listed as still using '39 Mot Inf Squads, it isn't until 43b that the TOE lists '43 Mot Inf Squads.

My tentative conclusion is that perhaps a patch/update has affected my current game because it has been going on for so long!

< Message edited by Crobern -- 4/3/2021 11:37:08 AM >

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Motorised Squads Not Replacing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI