From: Vermont, USA
We don't have this one packaged up in a nice installer, but if you'd like to give it a try and don't mind manually unzipping it into your WITE2 installation folder, it has some nice additional changes and fixes for the game. We should have an installer version of this available next week.
The previous 1.00.05 and 1.00.06 Beta has been updated to fix an unintended issue relating to support unit transfers. If you already downloaded 1.00.05 or 1.00.06 Beta, please replace it with 1.00.06 Beta
You can download it directly from this link.
v01.00.07 Beta – 6 April 2021
• New Features and Rule Changes
1. Adjusted scroll speed. Sped up scrolling in zoomed out views, and adjusted scrolling speed with the arrow keys.
2. Major improvements in how the game handles memory and 4k displays and application/system DPI scaling. This includes new dynamic loading of fonts and speeds up game loading and dramatically reduces memory usage during play, which also opens up possibilities for further scaling options in the future.
3. Previously Undocumented Rule (was already in 1.00) - Axis units in heavy snow from December 1941 to March 1942 have their defensive CV modified as follows:
Dec 1941 - /2
Jan 1942 - /1.5
Feb 1942 - /1.33
This is reflected in the CV values shown on the map. In addition, once in combat, there are admin and land combat rating checks made. For each failed check, the defense value is modified an additional time. So a unit in Jan 1942 in heavy snow can have its CV divided by 1.5 up to 3 times if it fails both checks.
• Bug Fixes
1. Game does not launch. It was determined that having certain speech recognition software turned on prevented the game from running. Fixed.
2. Game crashes when a player assigns a support unit to a level 0 (as yet unbuilt) airbase that is not in a town/city/urban hex. It should not be possible to attempt to assign a support unit to a level 0 airbase, but you can attach a support unit to a city/town/urban hex where an airfield is being constructed. Fixed.
3. Soviet AI is moving some fort units that should be immobile (Coastal Artillery Divisions and Fortified Regions). Fixed.
4. CR HQ tab “frozen” column rollover text is incorrect. Fixed.
5. Disbanding and creating depots from the city detail window in some cases could cause a crash to desktop. Fixed.
6. Game crashed on turn 53 in AI phase. Fixed - several causes for possible AI crashes were found and fixed.
7. CR HQ Tab - Map filter does not filter out HQs in TBs. Fixed.
8. Unable to select PIL (pilot) column on Air / AOG CR tab. Fixed.
9. Can't attach flak/construction units to cities (but AP is charged). (this was only an issue in the beta updates) Fixed.
10. OB screen number of ready guns is wrong (always equal to total guns). Fixed.
11. Black tiles appear in some coastal hexes when game is saved with weather setting different from show air/ground. Fixed.
12. OKL leader listed with German a/c on Soviet side of combat results window. Fixed.
< Message edited by AlbertoC -- 4/7/2021 11:29:33 AM >