Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LCU's only upgrade in rest mode?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 2:51:14 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

How do the upgrades for LCUs work? For example; I want to upgrade and Indian ID. If I click upgrade the Ind inf sections will be replaced by Ind Inf 42. Will the Ind inf be upgraded to Ind inf 42 or stay the same? ALFRED!!!!!!!! ...

Seems like my reply got lost in the ether. Just as Zuluhour has experienced, I'm getting very unstable access to the forum which is causing problems posting.

Anyway this is what I had drafted.

Could you post screenshot of what it is you are clicking on to get an upgrade?

Normally this would be the situation.

1. It is the TOE template which changes to the "upgraded" TOE template.

2. For the change of TOE template to occur it must be:

(a) due now or overdue (IOW you can't force it ahead of time)
(b) the LCU must be in "rest" mode
(c) the LCU must be within range of a Command HQ

3. The LCU will attempt to draw in the devices to match it's current TOE. Obviously this requires those matching "new" devices to be present in the pool (IIRC at 150% of the unit requirement for the changeover to occur).

4. The obsolete replaced infantry squads go back to the pool and following the last mega patch they will eventually convert to the latest infantry squad standard.

Alfred

Is this correct? I bet a lot of people do not know this as I do not see this in the manual...

Anything else required for upgrades and replacements? Do they use supply when turned on?

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 4/2/2021 2:55:20 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 3:01:34 AM   
jdsrae

The only point I’ll add is to Alfred’s 2c.
Within range of a Command HQ means within 2x the command radius.
Eg: HQ Southern Army has a command radius of 9, so unit TOEs upgrade if the other conditions are met out to 18 hexes from where HQ Southern Army is located.

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no CrackSabbath): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 3:15:00 AM   
Nomad

I am not entirely sure, but I believe the unit needs to be in a base hex.

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 3
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 4:50:26 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I am not entirely sure, but I believe the unit needs to be in a base hex.

Perhaps for the TOE upgrade, but they can draw upgraded devices in the field if there is enough supply available.

For squad upgrades, supply use should be minimal because you are returning old devices while drawing the new ones. I presume supply would only be needed if the load cost of the upgraded squad was higher than the old squad's load cost.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 4
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 4:59:35 AM   
Nomad

I thought we were talking about TOE upgrades.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 5:03:22 AM   
RangerJoe

I could use a TOE upgrade. A couple of mine were edited out. Would you like a picture?

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 6
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 5:04:37 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Alfred mentions both because many new players do not understand the difference between TOE upgrades and device upgrades. The OP asked about supply usage so I mentioned that. Was trying to clarify for the OP, not call your answer inaccurate.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 7
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 6:28:49 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

Alfred mentions both because many new players do not understand the difference between TOE upgrades and device upgrades. The OP asked about supply usage so I mentioned that. Was trying to clarify for the OP, not call your answer inaccurate.

Wait what is the difference? I thought devices were in the TOE?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 8
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 6:49:43 AM   
Chris21wen

I can't fully remember as I'm playing Japan so correct me if wrong but device upgrades require the full amount of devices to be available to upgrade, TOE upgrades do not.

For instance if a unit has 12 70mm it requires 12 105mm in the pool to device upgrade. In a TOE upgrade the unit will either keep the 70mm until such time as it can replace them, or if in a base with supplies, replace them with whatever is available in the device pool, 4 say if that's all there is. Any short fall id later fullfulled when supply and devices allow.

Does that make sense?

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 9
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 7:00:29 AM   
JeffroK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

quote:

quote:

Wait what is the difference? I thought devices were in the TOE?

A device upgrade is going from M3 Stuarts to M4 Sherman or an AIF41 Section to an AIF43 Section.

A TOE u[grade is changing your Division structure from 3 Bdes and 3 Art Rgts to 3 Bdes and a Mnt Art Rgt, regardless of the weapons.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 10
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 9:21:42 AM   
Tanaka

Yes that makes sense thanks guys.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 11
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 4:10:18 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

I can't fully remember as I'm playing Japan so correct me if wrong but device upgrades require the full amount of devices to be available to upgrade, TOE upgrades do not.

For instance if a unit has 12 70mm it requires 12 105mm in the pool to device upgrade. In a TOE upgrade the unit will either keep the 70mm until such time as it can replace them, or if in a base with supplies, replace them with whatever is available in the device pool, 4 say if that's all there is. Any short fall id later fullfulled when supply and devices allow.

Does that make sense?

TOE means "Table of Establishment". It is the legal document that authorizes the unit to draw the list of devices in the table. Changing TOE is just a change to the list of authorized devices, not the actual implementation of that change.
The device upgrade can only occur after the TOE upgrade, and with all the conditions necessary for the device upgrade to occur.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 12
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 5:51:49 PM   
Uncivil Engineer

quote:

quote:

Does that make sense?

TOE means "Table of Establishment". It is the legal document that authorizes the unit to draw the list of devices in the table. Changing TOE is just a change to the list of authorized devices, not the actual implementation of that change.
The device upgrade can only occur after the TOE upgrade, and with all the conditions necessary for the device upgrade to occur.

Not being intentionally picky here - but TOE is short for Table of Organization and Equipment.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 13
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 6:38:47 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uncivil Engineer

quote:

quote:

Does that make sense?

Not being intentionally picky here - but TOE is short for Table of Organization and Equipment.

Depends which armed forces you are in.

(in reply to Uncivil Engineer)
Post #: 14
RE: LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? - 4/2/2021 8:49:49 PM   
Dili

quote:

quote:

Does that make sense?

There are 2 routines.

TOE upgrade: say unit have 12x37mm AT guns and new TOE says it has now 24 x 37 AT guns. But can also say it has now has 24x 47mm AT gun

So a TOE upgrade can change quantities and types of devices in unit.

Device upgrade : many devices upgrade to other more modern devices not requiring a TOE change. It does not change quantities unless 2 existing devices upgrade to 1 device, it would be the sum of both.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> LCU's only upgrade in rest mode? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI