Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UI vs WitP:AE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> UI vs WitP:AE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UI vs WitP:AE - 3/30/2021 12:16:52 PM   
Bleek

I bought war in the Pacific. After 30 hours I gave up because of the atrocious UI.

The problem exacerbated by having a 1440p monitor, making fonts microscopic. Windows scaling just makes them blur.

So a two part question: does WitW have an improved UI and scaling appropriate to larger resolutions?

The reason I ask, is I like the look of WitE2 - but, I prefer the setting of the West and particularly Africa. So I wanted to try the Africa DLC, but not if it meant fighting the UI more often than my foe. Aka WitP! :)
Post #: 1
RE: UI vs WitP:AE - 3/30/2021 5:58:07 PM   
sfbaytf

Yes WitW looks fine on a widescreen monitor. I use one and running at 2560x1080.

The latest update for WItP has widescreen support. I haven't kept up with WitP in years though so not sure what's the latest. I have re-installed WitP and started a grand campaign yesterday and I have the latest update that support Widescreen play, but I'm using SeeBees utility.

For some reason though modded maps isn't working in WitP...

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 2
RE: UI vs WitP:AE - 4/6/2021 7:42:33 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bleek

I bought war in the Pacific. After 30 hours I gave up because of the atrocious UI.

The problem exacerbated by having a 1440p monitor, making fonts microscopic. Windows scaling just makes them blur.

So a two part question: does WitW have an improved UI and scaling appropriate to larger resolutions?

The reason I ask, is I like the look of WitE2 - but, I prefer the setting of the West and particularly Africa. So I wanted to try the Africa DLC, but not if it meant fighting the UI more often than my foe. Aka WitP! :)

Have you tried these for WITPAE? They are a must!

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4150284

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> UI vs WitP:AE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI