Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WiTE2 Sheer Genius

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> WiTE2 Sheer Genius Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WiTE2 Sheer Genius - 3/29/2021 12:40:08 PM   
actrade

I never played WiTE but did play WiTW (caught a sale on steam) as I was always fearful that the game was too deep and complex for me. I played WiTW and loved the game, but to be honest the Grand Campaign was simply too much for me despite reading the entire manual, living manual and 1-page guides several times.

With that in mind, I still decided to buy WitE2 as I like to support the genre and figured I would play at least the smaller scenarios and mini-campaigns. Thus far, I've worked my way to the Road to Leningrad and am having a ball with it. So far, I've been using the AI airwar and supply as I ease my way into the game. I think it was genius to add these two functions to keep the game from getting too overwhelming early on. By doing so, it allows the player to wean themselves into the game as I ordered the hardback manual and plan on reading the PDF version at my own pace. In fact, the game makes you WANT to read the manual, but these two new additions let you play the game and learn other aspects of the game before making the leap all the way in with both feet. Congrats the makers for a game that will be the gold standard for this genre for years!

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> WiTE2 Sheer Genius Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI