Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Security Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Security Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Security Units - 3/27/2021 11:10:09 AM   
actrade

I can't really find anything in the manual specifically stating how to use them. I did find an old WiTE thread that said to split them up for garrison purposes, thereby gaining greater coverage. However, I'm a bit lost on WHERE and HOW to identify where these units are needed? Is there something that shows me partisan activity on the map?
Post #: 1
RE: Security Units - 3/27/2021 11:14:58 AM   
loki100

The axis ones will mostly be removed from the map on T5 and placed in the Soviet Union garrison theatre box. There they constrain partisan activity - the more you can allocate the more this is suppressed.

the main effect of the partisan war is to generate low levels of attrition. For the most part this will be less than 1 interdiction per hex so will deny you admin movement (which is an irritant rather than a disaster). At times in the game, the partisans are given extra impact and this low level interdiction might increas.

See sections 13.4 and the follow on links for the details, you can find the partisan events in section 40.9. The generic rules for the Theatre boxes are in section 13.

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 2
RE: Security Units - 3/27/2021 11:21:54 AM   
actrade

Thanks Loki. Question...until T5, is there any rhyme or reason on where to place them other than behind the lines perhaps on important depot links? Should I break them apart for greater coverage as well?

< Message edited by actrade -- 3/27/2021 11:22:17 AM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: Security Units - 3/27/2021 11:29:23 AM   
Searry

They are great at converting hexes or destroying small soviet units.

WITE2 Beta Tester

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 4
RE: Security Units - 3/27/2021 11:39:39 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: actrade

Thanks Loki. Question...until T5, is there any rhyme or reason on where to place them other than behind the lines perhaps on important depot links? Should I break them apart for greater coverage as well?

as Searry says, I'd use them as regiments to either flip bypassed hexes or to screen encirclements. They can usefully screen some of the 1941 border to stop the Soviets moving into Poland till you are in a position to destroy them. handy for hex grabbing in the Baltics and Pripyet.

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Security Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI